You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duckbill tracks on Shermans and Fireflies.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duckbill tracks on Shermans and Fireflies.

Question for those who know; Did duckbill threads only come with specific Shermans (Or Fireflies)? Kinda leaning towards making two complete tanks, and I want to get the right bottom for either the 105mm or the Firefly. And I kinda like the looks of the duckbills...

TTFN,
    Rob
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

I do not know one way or the other if the fireflies got duckbills added. Durning ‘44 tanks often came from the factory with them and they were available at depots in ETO to be hammered onto the end connectors. They would pop off if the tank hit a rock or curb just the right way so many photos show a few missing here and there.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
      I do not know one way or the other if the fireflies got duckbills added. Durning ‘44 tanks often came from the factory with them and they were available at depots in ETO to be hammered onto the end connectors. They would pop off if the tank hit a rock or curb just the right way so many photos show a few missing here and there.
      Thanks Rich, I can work with that. From what I read on The Shadock they were also manufactured in the ETO itself by any contractor the army could find. So my interpretation is that any crew that could get their hands on them hammered them on. . Now just need to decide if they go on the 105 or the Firefly.
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

I check with experts more than I on commonwealth Sherman’s on another group regarding the EECs and he said yes most variants used by the UK showed up somewhere with them.
        So I would go with the firefly over the howitzer with them.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
          ....yes most variants used by the UK showed up somewhere with them.
          So I would go with the firefly over the howitzer with them.
          Awesome!!! Now if the shipping doesn't kill the deal, I will be getting a new hull, gears and duckbills for the Firefly! Fingers crossed...

Comment

Working...
          X