X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torro King Tiger Pro Turret Play

1. Is the King Tiger turret expected to have a fair amount of play both sideways and up and down? Mine seems to have just under 1 cm of sideways play and about 1/2 cm up and down play.
    2. Is the machine gun supposed to be loose enough to move it from side to side or is it meant to be fixed?
    3. Also, is it ok to rotate the turret by hand or would that cause damage?

I have a bunch of Torro/Taigen tanks. Some have more turret play than others. As long as it doesn't fall off I don't worry too much. The gun is another thing that can be bouncy some more than others. The hull machine guns are fixed on some and aimable on others. Lifting the hull you can see the difference in the mounting. Supposedly there is a clutch for the turret so it can be manually turned but I don't do that. Doesn't sound very reassuring; more like gears being stripped!

Comment

I have a number of Torros also but the King Tiger has the most play I've seen out of any of them. But like said you said, I guess it's fine as long as it works as it should.

Comment

Didn’t mean to resurrect an older thread, but I finally started work on the wobble turret and main gun bounce after reading up the various solutions. This is after Erik told me there was no factory fix shortly before he left IMEX as this was a model without their testing/input.

I still won’t be able to finish the main gun part yet since a proper fix would require some fabrication of parts so I was focusing on the turret wobble. Part of the problem is the weight, but more importantly, the gap between the ring and bottom of the turret is more than the other models despite of having bearing rollers on the bottom where it meets the top deck, along with being front biased, the wobbling is quite noticeable amplified while in motion, and it further amplifies the main gun bounce.

Rebalancing the turret is simple enough with few oz’s of weight towards the rear, and I was able to take up the slack between where it meets the top deck by making a floating 1mm thick ring out of styrene (1.5mm causes friction when tightened), it tidy things up a bit save for the main gun. The plastic on the floor is stiff enough and didn’t require bracing as other had suggested.

This is not so much about the required mods but for me to share a tool I found. I have never been satisfied in making circular cuts in styrene by scribing with template, especially now that I need to make a slim ring.
        I ended up getting this NT Cutter from Amazon simply because it looked like a decent and solid solution (they also make a less expensive unit). I ended up using this to make the needed ring after couple of attempts with various thickness of styrene. It is very simple to use over a board, you simply set the radius, expose the center pin for it to stay center on the sheet, and keep turning in single direction, unless you buy the bi-direction blades. It does create clean cut if one cuts through the styrene rather than score & snap.

Just want to share this particular tool here.

https://www.amazon.com/NT-Aluminum-D...678085&sr=8-11

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-02-23 at 11.23 AM.jpg
Views:	2013
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	385626

Comment

Working...
        X