Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She told -me- to bid on it, honest!!

Remember that post yesterday?

Well, last night I was browsing "Marktplaats" (Like a Dutch craigslist, but with less freaky sh*t...) on the couch while me and the missus were binging something on Netflix...

Me; "Damn, that's nice. Wonder if he's serious about his asking price..."

SWMBO; "Hmmm? What are you on about?"

Me; "Some guy offering a Heng Long/Torro Leopard with all metal and steel upgrade running gear and upgraded "Red" engines... And his price is silly low..." *Goes to Google "Torro" and "Red engines upgrade"* "Uhm... like seriously silly low... I mean, no IR, but 2.4Ghz... I could swap the radio with the 7.0 set from the Panzer IV, since I got a 6.0S waiting to go into that one..."

SWMBO; "Well, place a bid. But only one... If you get over-bid, you stop. Okay?"

Me; "Uhm... sure..?" *places the opening bid of 175 euros*

10 minutes(!) later (and mind you, this was around 11 at night...) my phone pings. Message from the seller; "Hey, that bid's fine. Can you pick it up tomorrow?"

So yeah... I now own a Leopard 2A6... it's in mint condition, runs very nicely. everything works... the guy did his own decals copying the markings of a Leo 2A6 in the Dutch National Military Museum...

Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

You lucky bugga. Mind you my minister of finance heard me drooling over a cross rc 1/12 Hemmit 8×8 and told me the same thing. $1200 counting shipping to NZ

Comment

Well, did some more test runs with this beast, and I've found out a few things.
      • Track tension is... well... not. Like... I could probably put another road wheel in there. They are -that- loose. Messaged the seller. "Track tension? Uhm... you can do that? Well, I did notice the track came off a lot...". So the tracks will be properly tensioned.
      • Seller; "Oh, and the road wheels come off by themselves sometimes...". Yeah, road wheels are attached to the metal arms with a M3 grub screw. But the axles of the road wheels are perfectly round without a flat spot or groove. So I will be giving them a hole or flat side and fix the grub screws with a dab of loctite.
      • The gear box is "metal", not steel. So that will be replaced some day, when it dies probably. Anyone have a recommendation on which one to get?
      But other than that she is a beast, and a nice find. In the coming weeks (or after I finish the Shermans) I will be working on the Leopard. Taking the V7.0 set out of the Panzer IV and replace it with a V6.0S set. Putting the V7.0 set into the Leopard with the IR gubbins. Maybe do some new rear lights with indicators... maybe.

TTFN,
      Rob
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Working...
      X