X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zik-20

Vandra is a Hungarian company that produces resin conversion kits for our 1/16 scale tanks. His latest is a Zik-20, a 152mm caliber Soviet Self Propelled Gun based on the KV-1 chassis. Here are a couple of photos from his website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	06F0AB07-98C4-4D41-8958-183DD258EE66.jpeg
Views:	619
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	322836

Name:	B11A333E-FB8D-4D53-B9E3-72DFD99E64B5.jpeg
Views:	580
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	322838

DAK RC in Arizona will be carrying them in a few weeks. Although I just stuck a T34/85 turret on my KV-1, it’ll be coming off for this. Too cool!

Attached Files
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Kenny at DAK RC says they're enroute to him, so to me in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

that zik 20 sure looks mean enough to scare a KV 2 into a fast zig-zag retreat. would be something excitedly different.

Comment

Googling Zik-20 I learned it was never made past a wooden mockup, although there were other similar SPGs at the time. It was planned to use a 152mm cannon, same caliber as the KV-2 sported. A duel between them would be quite the "bang & clang" fest! Or maybe a "one and done" shootout? One good thing about its non-operation is that one can do whatever one wants with colors, features and accessories on it!

Comment

Teaser shots!

Mine arrived today. A couple of hours work at this point, mainly cutting and fitting. Some small parts are not attached yet since the hard parts are ahead; drill out the barrel, devise barrel elevation and recoil. Clark mechanisms are enroute, hopefully can be incorporated.

Name:	Zik-20 001.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	327211

Name:	Zik-20 002.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	327212

Comment

Progress Report:

Repainted the KV-1/Zik-20. No dirt, grime or decals yet. I used the seldom applied Russian 3-color camo scheme. I believe the factory did this to impress the generals at its debut! 😉

Note the location of the IR receiver. Other tanks will have to stand on tippy-toe to get a hit. And the muzzle is so wide I could put TWO IR emitters in there! But I won't.

Now, where's that Jagdtiger...

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	327718

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	327717

I removed all the side armor, reworked the back end and fashioned a servo elevation for the conversion.

Comment

That jagdtiger was just finished from the factory two days ago. It was sent to the outskirts of Berlin and scored 2 kills. It is still sitting there and waiting for you :-)

Name:	IMG_8021A.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	327721

Name:	IMG_8020A.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	327722

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                Progress Report:

Repainted the KV-1/Zik-20. No dirt, grime or decals yet. I used the seldom applied Russian 3-color camo scheme. I believe the factory did this to impress the generals at its debut! 😉

Note the location of the IR receiver. Other tanks will have to stand on tippy-toe to get a hit. And the muzzle is so wide I could put TWO IR emitters in there! But I won't.

Now, where's that Jagdtiger...

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	327718

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	327717

I removed all the side armor, reworked the back end and fashioned a servo elevation for the conversion.
                Looks good Bob, can’t wait to put “Beast Master” up against it. 👍👍

Comment

Anyone know what this says? I hope it’s not “driver not responsible for cracked windshields”!

Name:	27CD5ECF-2885-4425-B6C7-BB8F1A499F2C.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	327933

Comment

Anyone know what this says? I hope it’s not “driver not responsible for cracked windshields”!

Name:	27CD5ECF-2885-4425-B6C7-BB8F1A499F2C.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	327933
                    It says something about someone’s mother or sister if my translation is close.

Comment

Got it outdoors today:

Name:	Zik-20 017.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	328568

Name:	Zik-20 018.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	328569

Name:	Zik-20 016.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	328570

Comment

Here's a video clip of it running around.

Comment

So cool!

Comment

Got it outdoors today:

Name:	Zik-20 017.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	328568

Name:	Zik-20 018.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	328569

Name:	Zik-20 016.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	328570
                            That going to be a hard tank to hit in IR battles especially the closer one gets to it. 👍👍

Comment

Are you sure thats not an amazon box sitting on that tank chassis?

Comment

Ummm, Amazon. Yumm!

Regarding fixed turrets in IR battles, I remember the kid I lent my Sturmgeschutz to putting up a really good fight! I also recall shooting away at A's Sturmtiger only to find out afterwards the front sensor was blocked. So, having that nearly flush IR receiver is fair game in my mind. There is an Achilles heel, the rear sensor is near the edge of the box.

I have metal tracks enroute. This'll be a juggernaut with the extra weight!

Comment

Ummm, Amazon. Yumm!

Regarding fixed turrets in IR battles, I remember the kid I lent my Sturmgeschutz to putting up a really good fight! I also recall shooting away at A's Sturmtiger only to find out afterwards the front sensor was blocked. So, having that nearly flush IR receiver is fair game in my mind. There is an Achilles heel, the rear sensor is near the edge of the box.

I have metal tracks enroute. This'll be a juggernaut with the extra weight!
                                  You are fine with the placement of the IR receiver. It’s unobstructed so it comes down to good shot placement and tactics to get hit on it. Personally I find that a lot more fair, fun and challenging then someone who simply blocks the front of the IR receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

You are fine with the placement of the IR receiver. It’s unobstructed so it comes down to good shot placement and tactics to get hit on it. Personally I find that a lot more fair, fun and challenging then someone who simply blocks the front of the IR receiver.
                                    Speaking of IR receiver placement, I see it is placed LED direct forward and sensors facing off at diagonals. I have noticed that the receiver is a bit more sensitive to shots coming straight in to a sensor rather than straight into an LED. Have others noticed this?

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Speaking of IR receiver placement, I see it is placed LED direct forward and sensors facing off at diagonals. I have noticed that the receiver is a bit more sensitive to shots coming straight in to a sensor rather than straight into an LED. Have others noticed this?
                                      Correct, my placement is deliberate, to simulate the heavier armor on the front.

Comment

Correct, my placement is deliberate, to simulate the heavier armor on the front.
                                        That is exactly what I was thinking and wondering if people were doing that. It's too bad the sensors cant be individually adjusted for sensitivity so rear could be most sensitive, sides medium sensitivity and front least of all.

Comment

Working...
                                        X