You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know how to -stop- buying tanks?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

I have just adopted another "cat" to help out in pulling the Maus, if you ever knock out one :-)

image widget
    Congratulation on your new adoption! And thanks for the Maus help offer also. Still on the look out. I too have just adopted a very slightly used HL KT production, metal tracks, all wheels with a recoil barrel. To my great fortune It was a Birthday gift to a person who had absolutely less than no interest in it so they sold it for Drone parts. This is so resent a adoption, Its still in transit and will be here in a couple of days. I will post pics and info on "Whats in the Box" as soon as I get it. I want to detail and repaint her to represent a April 1945 Berlin defender. probably 314, 101. I will have to look up postings on paint, aftermarket detail and info.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander_Lexa View Post

Congratulation on your new adoption! And thanks for the Maus help offer also. Still on the look out. I too have just adopted a very slightly used HL KT production, metal tracks, all wheels with a recoil barrel. To my great fortune It was a Birthday gift to a person who had absolutely less than no interest in it so they sold it for Drone parts. This is so resent a adoption, Its still in transit and will be here in a couple of days. I will post pics and info on "Whats in the Box" as soon as I get it. I want to detail and repaint her to represent a April 1945 Berlin defender. probably 314, 101. I will have to look up postings on paint, aftermarket detail and info.

I thought I posted the picture of my adopted cat. I am re-posting now. Here it is. I am glad you are getting another KT. Hope to see it soon in the "last month" scheme.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7582-1.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	325210Click image for larger version

Name:	V20A.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	325211

Comment

I thought I posted the picture of my adopted cat. I am re-posting now. Here it is. I am glad you are getting another KT. Hope to see it soon in the "last month" scheme.

Name:	IMG_7582-1.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	325210Click image for larger version

Name:	V20A.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	325211
        WOW! Very nice looking Panther... My new adoption did have some issues. One broken axle that I replaced with one from a set I had on hand. And also it had a couple of missing road wheel bearings on another wheel that I temporarily replaced with a plastic road wheel for the run and gun test. Other than that its in very good mechanical and cosmetic condition. External decorations are still in the bag and little box. Now I'm on the hunt for wheel bearings for the crazy thing. On a Completely unrelated topic, I just rescued my unbuilt Tamiya KT kit 56007 from my storage unit. I have so many KT project on my plate I'm going to need a lot of paint.. Insert Dr. Evil laugh.

Comment

WOW! Very nice looking Panther... My new adoption did have some issues. One broken axle that I replaced with one from a set I had on hand. And also it had a couple of missing road wheel bearings on another wheel that I temporarily replaced with a plastic road wheel for the run and gun test. Other than that its in very good mechanical and cosmetic condition. External decorations are still in the bag and little box. Now I'm on the hunt for wheel bearings for the crazy thing. On a Completely unrelated topic, I just rescued my unbuilt Tamiya KT kit 56007 from my storage unit. I have so many KT project on my plate I'm going to need a lot of paint.. Insert Dr. Evil laugh.

Whoa! you have an unbuilt KT 56007? That's a Porsche KT correct? I hope you have time to work on it soon so it can join your other KTs. I myself would love to own a Tamiya KT. But all I have are from HLs. I have just gotten a HL Porsche KT with metal running gears. It is trying to be acquainted with my main Porsche KT. But the main Porsche KT isn't happy until I provide a nicer paint job on it :-)

About the adoption you have, Toucan hobby does sell accessories. You can email them and ask if they can sell you some road wheels bearings. They will probably sell some to you. Due to the language barrier, it is best to send a picture of the item and the dimension so they don't send you the wrong item.

Name:	IMG_7817.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	325725

Comment

The majority of tanks I and two sons have are HL and Taigen, My youngest has a older than dirt HL M41 that I'm upgrading with a 6.0 system this weekend. Love the your "P turret" KT duo! BTW.
            Yep, You're correct! the 56007 kit is the Porsche KT. I received it as a birthday present a few years ago, some girls like jewelry I like tanks and all things tankery related! I had started building the running gear but due to ending of a crappy relationship, moving, work and other adultish issues I had to put it on hold, so into storage it went. I hope its all in the box..
            Thanks for the info! I'm going to shoot Toucan an email tonight and see if they can help, I had totally forgot about them.. I actually bought a static all plastic Porsche KT from them a few months back and put a newer Taigen system in it just recently.
            I have found I can buy a single metal road wheel with bearings on Aliexpress for about $12 with shipping. so I've got that to fall back on.

Comment

Whoa! you have an unbuilt KT 56007? That's a Porsche KT correct? I hope you have time to work on it soon so it can join your other KTs. I myself would love to own a Tamiya KT. But all I have are from HLs. I have just gotten a HL Porsche KT with metal running gears. It is trying to be acquainted with my main Porsche KT. But the main Porsche KT isn't happy until I provide a nicer paint job on it :-)

About the adoption you have, Toucan hobby does sell accessories. You can email them and ask if they can sell you some road wheels bearings. They will probably sell some to you. Due to the language barrier, it is best to send a picture of the item and the dimension so they don't send you the wrong item.

Name:	IMG_7817.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	325725
              Holy cow! I found the right bearings I need plus more on Amazon. I just ordered them.

Comment

Holy cow! I found the right bearings I need plus more on Amazon. I just ordered them.
                I am glad you found the bearings.....In a few days, your KT will be roaming without any worrisome with its wheels.

So now in regard to KT, do you presently have 2 henschels, 3 Porsches and 1 Tamiya in-the-box unbuilt?

By the way, what is the German SS pea-dot item that was behind your KT in the picture you posted?

Comment

I am glad you found the bearings.....In a few days, your KT will be roaming without any worrisome with its wheels.

So now in regard to KT, do you presently have 2 henschels, 3 Porsches and 1 Tamiya in-the-box unbuilt?

By the way, what is the German SS pea-dot item that was behind your KT in the picture you posted?
                  The pea-dot is a light panzer wrap that I got out of storage along with my two black wool ones for the upcoming cooler weather.
                  The amazon Bearing find was totally awesome!! I've never been so excited over bearings before.

LOL. The up to date but ever changing Tank count is as follows,
                  3 Porsche KT, with new Taigen radios. still in original paint.
                  1 Porsche KT steal gears, box, track and suspension arms that is being currently being converted to a VK 45.03.
                  2 Production turret KT that will get repaint and detailed to Berlin # 314 and 101
                  1 Production turret KT that is used, currently dismantlement and undergoing upgrade rebuild into Girls und panzer KT AKA Erica's KT.
                  1 Tamiya kit that will get my 7.0 heng long radio, HL recoil with metal barrel and Mato 5:1 Steel Gearbox.. Plus whatever other goodies I can get and cram into it.
                  1 Taigen early Tiger 1 upgraded and will get Tiger 131 paint. Its a used one that we repaired and upgraded. This is my oldest sons.
                  1 HL M41 with a Taigen radio upgrade but still needs cosmetic help and paint due to its original owners neglect. Its my youngest sons and is affectionately called "Target"
                  + 1 Trumpeter and Hl KT upper hulls. Extra HL, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Taigen, Mato KT parts,
                  Plus a lot more older and/or used donor tanks that were parted out for there much needed parts.
                  I had a Old Tamiya Sherman shelf dust gatherer without radio but I haven't seen it in a few years. Its either lost in the move or in storage in a miss labeled box.
                  I have a lot of mislabeled and no labeled box's to go through. Its almost like Christmas!

Comment

Now that's about 2 platoons of KTs that you have there....impressive. You really are planning well for all your Tigers. And wow, you are good in taking parts from multiple brands and manage to make your cat roaming. If possible, can you post a picture of the inside of your Porsche KT with the Taigen radio or the one with the VK 45? I would like to see your mechanical work on these cats. Thank you!

Comment

Now that's about 2 platoons of KTs that you have there....impressive. You really are planning well for all your Tigers. And wow, you are good in taking parts from multiple brands and manage to make your cat roaming. If possible, can you post a picture of the inside of your Porsche KT with the Taigen radio or the one with the VK 45? I would like to see your mechanical work on these cats. Thank you!

I guess i do have two heavy platoons.. when they are all in running condition that is. LOL Much like 1945 Germany, I cannot field them all at this point due to factory delays... AKA my budget and time. BTW I,missing some running gear parts on the tamiya... the road wheel shafts and rear idler wheel. I may sell it outright or part it out on E-bay.

Comment

I'm sure you would like to do it. My dad is not indifferent to them either. He collects antique coins, Collects ships. Recently began to be fond of tanks, which decided and influenced history. Worried about buying it, constantly kept track of where it was going sendungsverfolgungpost.de. If you have decided to give it up? Take a tip on how to stop doing it. Set yourself a new goal and achieve it. For me, for example, to save up not tanks, but spaceships.

Comment

I cleaned up my house and my den Wednesday night to get ready for Thanksgiving day. I cleaned out so well that I now have extra shelf spaces for 5 more tanks, lol. So to stop buying tanks, don't clean up :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X