X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of 3 distributors

I’m new to the RC tank scene, I’m sure this has been asked before but which is considered best
    henglong, Mayo or taigen/Torro?

Best how?

Comment

Quality of tank, user friendly, maintenance, reliability

Comment

Originally posted by bobassetto@me.com View Post
        Quality of tank, user friendly, maintenance, reliability
        Overall Heng Long meets the majority of your criteria.

Comment

This is sort of a here and there answer.
          Some brands of tanks are made better by different manufactures.

For example, the Henglong T34 is better than the Tiagen/Torro T34
          the taigen/Torro Sherman’s are way better than the henglong.

Tamiya is always a great product, the best but very costly.

The henglong leopard2 has chassis issues with its suspension, but the Tiagen has a metal chassis and metal turret, the metal turret makes it ridiculously heavy, so many people buy a henglong upper and put it on a taigen metal lower.

so pick the tank you want and then ask which brand makes the best one, or what are the pros and cons of each brad for that type of tank, then make your own decision,
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Rich....Super great answer. Just the info that I need.

I was about to get the T34/85 Taigen. Now I can go with the HL T34/85.

And I have just gotten myself a M4/76 Taigen. I feel confident with my purchase after reading your post.

So helpful!

Comment

And I have just gotten myself a M4/76 Taigen. I feel confident with my purchase after reading your post.

So helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

So helpful!
                The HL T34 is an excellent running tank you will like it. Just make sure to get the one with metal tracks and metal road wheels otherwise the tank is a bit light and tends to bounce around in a toy like manor when on rough terrain.

Instagram @ fsttanks
                Click image for larger version

Name:	B0B5F318-D580-4319-8EDF-626ACF30DD65.jpeg
Views:	497
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	323341

Comment

With the taigen m4a3 76 you will get a very nice tank, I have several, and I’m not kidding.
                  you will want to remove the radio system from the taigen and toss it in the trash. Sorry, it’s useless. Or sell it at the meet or eBay for like 20 bucks. It is not IR compatible and drives crappy.
                  buy a HL 6.0 or 6.1s system to put in it and it will play with everything else on the battlefield in LA.
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Ha…..being new (before tanks I collect colt revolvers pre ‘90……I have every one except the colt boa)….anyway it started with buying 1/35 HL for my grandsons….the tank virus hit me worse than COVID-19 could did some web browsing…… first tank was aHL Sherman…then I found out about upgrading …..BOOM!…..all of sudden there’s big cardboard boxes on front stoop… now I have 7 taigen, 2 HL, an two “shelf queens) mato….. I’ll post pics…..and are there any tankers in the Philadelphia area?

Comment

My T34/85 HL came with metal tracks, idlers, and sprockets. The road wheels are plastic. Time to go online and order the metal road wheels. Thank you!

Comment

Bob, why are the mato’s shelf queens? I am considering the all metal king tiger.

Comment

I can’t seem to keep the remote and tanks synced and the remote control are difficult for me to use but they’re nice models

Comment

Originally posted by Marshalpadutch View Post
                            Bob, why are the mato’s shelf queens? I am considering the all metal king tiger.
                            They are often unreliable electrically and mechanically as them come from the factory. They can be made into good tanks but it can take a little work depending on which model.

Comment

Originally posted by bobassetto@me.com View Post
                              I can’t seem to keep the remote and tanks synced and the remote control are difficult for me to use but they’re nice models
                              +1. Electronics are poor.
                              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks…..I thought it was me…..the book that’s included is printed in micro scale font…… any help would be appreciated or someone out there is geographically close and might want is welcome to inspect and make an offer

Comment

Originally posted by Marshalpadutch View Post
                                  I have a Mato King Tiger. So far It is running ok. In the future, if it turns into a troublesome tank, I will probably put a 6.0S HL system into it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7417A.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	323952

Comment

Looks like it could crush real volkswagens!
                                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hello all - I'm interested in getting a German tank, and have narrowed it down to the Tiger 1, Tiger 2, or Panther G.
                                      Between Tamiya, and Torro/Taigen, which brands do you recommend?
                                      I know the Torro/Tagien versions are mostly metal, but not sure about Tamiya.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeezix View Post
                                        Hello all - I'm interested in getting a German tank, and have narrowed it down to the Tiger 1, Tiger 2, or Panther G.
                                        Between Tamiya, and Torro/Taigen, which brands do you recommend?
                                        I know the Torro/Tagien versions are mostly metal, but not sure about Tamiya.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
                                        Tamiya are generally considered the most accurate and smoothest running. They are also the most expensive but worth every penny.

Tamiya tanks have metal where metal is useful without adding it just to make their tank heavy for unnecessary reason.

That said Torro/Taigen make a good tank but their electronics are outdated in every aspect and not IR battle compatible with HL or Tamiya tanks if that is important to you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X