X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.0 HL M41 MACHINE GUN QUESTION

On my HL M41, the machine gun at left side of the turret doesn't flash when I press my A (machine gun) button. It only makes the MG sound. Is that the IR bulb then? So the M41 doesn't come with the red flashing machine gun like other HL tanks? Owners of the M41, kindly confirm with me if you have the same issue.

Coax is the IR bulb. If you want to play with it, put an IR bulb in the barrel and a red LED at the coax and rewire it.

A nice gadget to have is a modular IR target from LegoDEI. You can test out stuff like that, especially if you start playing with the IR circuit. (The frame is not included.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Modular Target.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	323103Click image for larger version

Name:	IR Target Frame.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	323104

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks for the clear up. I will bring the IR bulb to the barrel. I should also get myself one of those IR targets.

Comment

The real M-41 did have a coax mg. If I knew enough about LED's, that switch of the IR to the barrel and a red coax LED would be cool. Anybody know what to order? I guess it's dependent on the voltage at the mg circuit, and other magic stuff.

The target lights up in blue.

Comment

I have converted 15 of my static displayed tanks into RC in the past 2 months, so I ordered many spare items including some red LED machine gun lights. I plugged it into the LED 5 of the 7.0 main board. I turned the tank on, hit the A button, and the machine gun light flashes. It works. Tomorrow, I will open the turret and switch the 2 lights as you recommended.

Comment

The red LED machine gun light cable ($2.50) from Toucan:

Name:	IMG_7403.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	323147

Comment

A little thing...

Just hooked up my coax mg light on my Bulldog, works fine. Thanks to DavidN, who told me to email Toucan Hobby. I ordered 5, to save on shipping, which wasn't much anyway. Lest anyone worry that the pictured LED bulb is clear rest assured it lights up red. The other four are destined for the 3D T-35 project!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                A little thing...

Just hooked up my coax mg light on my Bulldog, works fine. Thanks to DavidN, who told me to email Toucan Hobby. I ordered 5, to save on shipping, which wasn't much anyway. Lest anyone worry that the pictured LED bulb is clear rest assured it lights up red. The other four are destined for the 3D T-35 project!
                You were the one who started this idea of putting the MG light there so we could all set it right for our tanks :-)

Comment

Here is mine:

Name:	IMG_7662.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	324662

Comment

FYI, the MG LED light comes as 2 versions. One is with the big red bulb. The other one is a small clear bulb but it will still turn red when it is lid.

Name:	IMG_7710A.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	324964

Comment

Working...
                    X