X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long announced an IDF Merkava tank for late 21

Looks like competition with Hooben has encouraged Heng Long to release their version of the IDF Merkava tank. Hooben’s is do to hit the market next month.

According to Heng Long their Merkava will be available sometime later this year. My guess is we will not see it before November.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D97599A8-2E8E-4399-B318-990ADBBEF308.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	323567Click image for larger version  Name:	7830F860-0867-4C26-BE4F-C83774242591.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	323568

Sweet!

Comment

Yippee, I want one

Comment

Nice! I am glad I don't have to order from Hooben :-)

Comment

Not my cup of tea ("Too modern..." he said, giving his Leopard 2A6 a sideways glance...) but it is good to see Heng Long going forward and bringing out something new. Now if they would only do a nice WW2 Churchill... with all the available fun variants (Crocodile anyone?) I'd buy three...
          Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Great news. This goes to the top of my next tank list.

Comment

Gotta have tank although never seen a green Merkava before.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmorBolt View Post
                Gotta have tank although never seen a green Merkava before.
                I fixed it. This is closer to what it would look like with a quick paint job.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	496AD354-45CC-431A-A14A-89F4163A3796.jpeg
Views:	2163
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	323750Click image for larger version

Name:	496AD354-45CC-431A-A14A-89F4163A3796.jpeg
Views:	1661
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	323751

Comment

Hope HL takes note of your fix before production...

Comment

Just spotted one problem, no loaders hatch, oh well scratch build time

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                      Just spotted one problem, no loaders hatch, oh well scratch build time
                      Its there, its just behind the CRTV thing, its closed. The spaced armor is quite thick as is the hatch and it disappears into the roof when its closed. No idea if the HL one will open.

The photos of the Hooben I preordered shows a much more detailed and refined model with a metal pan hull and nice suspension. Much like one would expect from a tamiya kit. It also has working hatches and doors etc pointed out in their latest teaser video.

I am hoping the HL metal track and sprockets can be adapted to fit the hooben when its plastic stuff wears out. I will probably get both tanks lol.

The Henglong Merkeva is a 4 circa 2005-2010
                      The Hooben is a Merkeva 4M circa post 2011 ish and current. The difference being the updated addition of the Trophy protections system on the 4M.

Both are wicked ass IDF tanks and Im thrilled they are both being made. I have big plans for a second tank someday. To think, I bought a 1:35 scale tank several years ago and actually thought about scratch building one of these monsters.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210901_205226.jpg
Views:	1768
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	323771 Oops my mistake, I was looking for a round hatch not a square one
                        Attached Files

Comment

It actually looks to me like henglong has it on backwards. Wont know for sure till better pictures come out of the model

Comment

It has been over a year now. Anyone has any idea when it will be out :-)?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                              It has been over a year now. Anyone has any idea when it will be out :-)?
                              It’s been delayed do to all the closures and production backlogs in China. HL has to catch up on older tank stocks and orders before they put out an all new tank. Word has it Christmas 2022 or late Summer 2023 baring more closures in China. 🤞🤞

Comment

The first pictures in this thread, are they HL’s prototypes? If so it’s encouraging, since the expense of injection molds has already invested.

Speaking of the Merkava, is it a tank without a tank on tank adversary?
                                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

More or less. The Arab allies dont have a tank anywhere near what Merkava is. And the Trohpy system is the best APS in the world. Merkava is a very different tank, mostly designed for independent operation, village fighting and counter insurgency. I would love to see them send some to complete in the Euro tank competitions. Merkava 5 is coming soon with the integration of Trophy and other things. The 4M was a whole new tank but basically the design of the 4 with Trophy added onto, not designed around.

much looking forward to the henglong Merkava 4 but at this point, the real tank is 20 years old. And it does not have the Trophy. System.

Comment

In doing a little search, I found this Youtube clip. Hard to say what would be included in a retail version, but it looks like it's time to save up some pennies. Lotta detail, laser aiming light, metal wheels etc.

Comment

Hmmm, looking at the angle of the line of the aiming light in the smoke with the direction the barrel points, it looks like it would be useless for aiming a barrel mounted IR bulb. Of course with smoke from the barrel the IR bulb needs to be elsewhere anyway, but where-ever it is, the aiming light needs to be aligned to be anything more than pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post
                                        Hmmm, looking at the angle of the line of the aiming light in the smoke with the direction the barrel points, it looks like it would be useless for aiming a barrel mounted IR bulb. Of course with smoke from the barrel the IR bulb needs to be elsewhere anyway, but where-ever it is, the aiming light needs to be aligned to be anything more than pretty.
                                        I put a couple on my tanks, interesting result. Outdoors, the light dot isn't strong enough to be visible. And, the light bulb tells your opponent where you are! Once in an outdoor battle, my adversary couldn't spot me because of my excellent camo and 100' distance, until that is I lit up to shoot at him!

This is similar to lasers on real firearms. You illuminate yourself, while you are trying to find the dot and bring it on target! This is why you don't see cops with them, except in the movies.

Comment

Working...
                                        X