X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV tank smoke

Has anybody come up with a good simple method of getting the smoke to come out of the correct locations on the KV tanks, instead of it coming from the tail light ?

Check this video, around the 45 second mark; . I'm going to do the same to my KV-1. For the exhausts you can try to drill out the plastic ones, or get a set of metal upgrades. That's what I did anyway.

KV-1 - exhaust, made of metal Delivery: 2x exhaust This exhaust can be fitted directly to the smoke unit!
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

While we are on the topic of kv1 problems, I am having detracking issues on any surface other than tarmac. Have already removed a link from each track and it still throws the track. It's all metal running gear

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post
        Check this video, around the 45 second mark; . I'm going to do the same to my KV-1. For the exhausts you can try to drill out the plastic ones, or get a set of metal upgrades. That's what I did anyway.

https://www.rctank.de/KV-1-exhaust-made-of-metal-2-pcs
        Thanks for the info, Rob 1970 I ordered a set of those metal exhausts from that website. probably will take a while to get here. Where can I get the connectors and other fittings for the tubing ? Is that ordinary aquarium tubing stuff, or something special ?

Comment

Nothing special, I think. I have a load of clear tube for my airbrush, and I used a bit of that. The standard smoker should come with two short corner fittings, altho the KV-1 might just come with one, and one hole plugged. A T-fitting is made easily enough with some plastic tube tho. And indeed, maybe the petshop has something you can use in their aquarium department.

Note that I have been told that it is always better to have a clear un-obstructed flow, so the less corners the better. On my Sherman I even took the corner fittings off the smoker and fitted the tube directly.

Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post
            Nothing special, I think. I have a load of clear tube for my airbrush, and I used a bit of that. The standard smoker should come with two short corner fittings, altho the KV-1 might just come with one, and one hole plugged. A T-fitting is made easily enough with some plastic tube tho. And indeed, maybe the petshop has something you can use in their aquarium department.

Note that I have been told that it is always better to have a clear un-obstructed flow, so the less corners the better. On my Sherman I even took the corner fittings off the smoker and fitted the tube directly.
            The little corner fittings do seem to be an obstruction, and they can clog with oil. I've found that silicone tubing with brass and/or copper (easier to bend) tubing make routing smoke output easier, as the supplied plastic tubing can be quite stiff. 5mm is about right. If the smoker is working well (the HL fan ones are generally good) I find that, unlike the plastic corner fittings, the slight restriction of metal tubing has little or no effect if it is curved gently. It's also comparatvely easy to make up T-pieces from soldered copper tubing. It does help if you have one of the mini pipe-benders though...

Comment

Working...
            X