Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevation & Recoil

I have some questions for the group.

The Heng Long 6.1S board supports servo operated gun elevation and recoil. Clark (I think it's theirs) make servo elevation and recoil units. I'm sure they work off the Clark boards, but do they work off the HL 6.1S? I have the elevation unit and it appears to work, I'm curious if others have already tried it.

There is an Instagram producer called "red_army_tankmodelkits" who are advertising some turrets for the HL KV-1 chassis such as a KV-85, 122 and 152 mm heavy gun turrets. Their description states they will be made to Tamiya function capability. Not sure what that actually means. So, the second question is, do the Clark servo units work off a Tamiya board?
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

6.1S will run both servo elevation and servo recoil.

The Tamiya elevation will work with the 6.1S but not with the Tamiya recoil they are using for the turret as it is not servo system. It is a Tamiya designed stand alone unit. The Clark will run both the Tamiya recoil and Tamiya elevation being used.

Comment

Thanks. Although they say it’s Tamiya focused, as long as the turret will hold the Clark trunnions, all should be good. Did you find a site with R-A-T’s products, or just Instagram?
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        Thanks. Although they say it’s Tamiya focused, as long as the turret will hold the Clark trunnions, all should be good. Did you find a site with R-A-T’s products, or just Instagram?
        So far just IG. I have been messaging them often about the KV and other projects they are working on. Keeping my 🤞🤞they actually come through with the turret and at a reasonable price.

Its a big turret so it should have plenty of room to mod in whatever is needed.

Comment

Working...
        X