X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mato M36B1 steering problem

Having problems with my new Mato M36B1 RC tank. Tank pulls to the right when driving straight and when I go to correct by steering /adjusting left the left track almost stops and seems to go in reverse causing the tank to abruptly move left. Steering left is not as easy as steering right, when steering right it slowly and smoothly turns, but when I steer left it practically stops and starts to pivot turn left. Can anyone offer help ? Thank you. Rob

I hope this response helps. I only have a Mato King Tiger. I marked the position of the servo reversers on the transmitter. So in case if I accidentally shift one of them, I know their original spot and switch it back. You probably shifted one or two of those 5 servo reversers and your tank responded differently. If you don't remember their position, here is mine for you to compare. If it still does not control correctly, then I don't know. Maybe your tank has a different setting. So you might need to play around with those switches until you get your tank running correctly. Many people in this forum have issues with Mato. So for my M36B1, I bought a HL Sherman and a Mato M36B1 turret. I took out the Sherman turret and put the M36 turret on the Sherman chassis. It also cost 50% less :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7923.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	326845

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7906A.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	326846

Comment

Hi DavidN thank you for the help, I ensured the servo reverses are set up like yours. But unfortunately the tank still will not steer correctly. Perhaps something is jammed in the steering mechanism. I only had it for a day and it ran fine until I went through some sand and cleared out some weeds from the left track. That’s when I noticed the problem. Thank you for your help, I will trouble shoot those servo positions.

Comment

Found the problem, a small screw keeping the gear on the drive shaft/right final drive fell out causing the right track not to run under power. Replaced the screw and tank drives properly now. Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X