Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long King Tiger can't move

Hi all.
    I have been given an older 2.4ghz HL king tiger. I'm not sure of the electronics but its before TK6.0.
    the tank starts, turret turns, gun elevates, MG fires.

Problems
    - Gun won't fire. It is a BB and no sound or shot.
    - With the motor noise running, everything shuts down as soon as I try to go forward, backwards or turn.
    As soon as I touch the padlock button it starts again.

Any suggestions? Or dump the electronics and install new?

Thanks

That maybe the reason it was given, lol. If it was me, I would save my brain cells from dealing with that issue and go for the newer main board. (My 2 cents)

Comment

That's exactly why it was given. Just wanted to know if it was the board or not. I have a TK7.0 board and transmitter but I'm reluctant to use it as the TK7.0 only las Leopard and Abrams sounds.
      thanks

Comment

Further testing.
        the motors seem to be throwing interference and disrupting the board. If I disconnect the motors the sound reves up and no issues. Plug the motors in and as soon as the tracks start to turn the sound stutters and the board turns off.
        Any suggestions regarding the motors? Replacement? Shielding?

Also the bb motor grinds and no gun sound. New bb unit? Any suggestions why the gun sound isn't working?

Sorry to ask so much.

Comment

Sounds an awful lot like a nearly dead battery. First thing to do is replace it with a KNOWN good and FULLY charged battery. If that does not help, then consider a possibly bad main board, but my first thought is a bad battery. Always do the simplest and least expensive thing first !!

Comment

All it needs to upgrade is a 6.0 board, ~$30 or so.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks Cascabel. I tried a different battery and it drives perfectly.
              bb motor grinding is the next issue. I think I'll buy a new unit as they are cheap.
              ​cheap.thanks for all the input

Comment

Replacing the BB motor is complicated, so be careful and pay attention to what you are doing. Also be aware that there are at least two variations in the BB firing units, so order the correct one. They are NOT interchangeable. One type has a short metal tube "extension" on it and the other does not. I have replaced a few of them, but I don't remember which one the King Tiger uses. You may need to take it apart to find out, so take it apart before you order to see what one you have. You can see the differences in the pictures in the ebay listings, so order the correct one.

Comment

Very good advice Cascabel. I'll do that.

Comment

BB unit failure solved.

I removed the BB unit, cracked it open, cleaned and inspected all parts, gears etc. I found that the BB motor was pushed in too far and not engaging the plastic gears. I trimmed the black plastic that holds the motor in place. The gears now engage properly and everything functions as it should.

Thanks for all your advice.

Cheers

Comment

Well done !!!

Comment

I am glad you were able to find the problem and then fixed it .

Comment

Working...
                        X