You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is kinda embarrasing... AND AWESOME!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is kinda embarrasing... AND AWESOME!!!

Has any of you good folks ever -forgotten- they bought a tank? #AskingForAFriend

Okay, so about two months ago I was browsing Banggood, for all kinds of stuff, and yes, tanks. I came across this listing for a Heng Long Panzer III. "Version TK.6.0, Basic version with metal barrel", so the generic version with the plastic tracks, sprockets, idlers and whatnot. The listing said around €195 euros, shipped from China. I was "kinda" in the market for a Panzer III for doing something like a Hummel or the like. What caught my eye was the "CZ" *(for Czechoslovakia) shipping option. With the new tariff and import laws from outside the EU it is nice to have an European option for shipping, so I clicked that option.

...and the price changed to €65...

"Aha," I thought to myself. "...that old trick. I will probably be paying through the nose for the shipping..."

"Free shipping"...

I think I clicked on "Buy Now" so fast I could have broken my mouse. Went to the check-out, and the price stayed the same. And still free shipping. So I clicked the Paypal link and paid. Never hurts to have Paypal at your side... Payment went through as expected, without any hick-ups.

And then it started. For the first two weeks, no shipping movement whatsoever. Then I got a message from Banggood. "No stock, would I like to A) Cancel my order and get a refund, or B) Wait for new stock."

So I went for option B. And waited for movement. Two weeks later another message; "New stock could take a long time, would I like to A) Cancel my order and get a refund, or B) Wait for new stock."

Again I chose B. And waited some more, every once in a while checking to see if there was any shipping update. And I kinda forgot about it. I did set a reminder in my Paypal app to request a refund within 120 days just to make sure...

This morning my DHL-app pinged at me; "We will be at your door between 1400 and 1800 hours with a package from Flytwin Import Export". Nothing came to mind. I checked the tracking number with the stuff I was expecting, but nothing. Checked Banggood...

And there it was. Shipped 3 days ago. From Czechoslovakia. Could it really be..?

And it was... daaaaaamn....

It's all there... No sprue for the fiddly bits, but they are all there in a zip-lock bag. No screwdriver. No Allen key. No smoker liquid... and I seem to be missing a part of the armour plating at the front?

...but not V6.0 either. It's V7.0. And it all works! And for €65 I ain't complaining. ;D

Did they mess up the listing and figured out too late? DKDC... Oh and yes... #19...
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....
Working...
X