Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will bring it on the battle day and you can look at the set.

Comment

My fleet is welcoming another Tamiya M4. This one was already built with the transmitter from Tamiya included.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0890A.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	350417

Name:	IMG_0897.PNG
Views:	262
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	350418

Comment

Name:	IMG_0891A.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	350420Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0892A.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	350421

Comment

Ah you got the LA Craigslist one. Nice. I hope you don’t plan to strip it down and repaint it. That model had a good price tag on it too.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Yes! It was thoroughly assembled at the inside. It ran smooth. The paint job was also nicely done. I won't repaint it. I have ordered the Tamiya battle unit. It will be ready for battle in a couple weeks :-)

Name:	IMG_0894A.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	350425

Comment

Very good. Great tanks and so sad they discontinued them. You know I have several of those.

Comment

Knowing you for about a year now, I am very impressed with the mass US tanks in your collection .

Comment

The Tamiya battle unit base arrived yesterday. I installed it along with the LegoDEI Clark IR receiver and the emitter. Since the flash unit is inside the barrel, I used the IR emitter from another Tamiya tank and attached it on top of the barrel. I added the remaining accessories that the previous owner did not put on. I will touch up whatever that is needed later. Everything was functioning accordingly. It is battle ready.

Name:	IMG_0978A.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	350748

Comment

You can engineer a tube into the gun sight hole next to the main gun in the mantlet so that you do not need the fake mount on top of the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                      The Tamiya battle unit base arrived yesterday. I installed it along with the LegoDEI Clark IR receiver and the emitter. Since the flash unit is inside the barrel, I used the IR emitter from another Tamiya tank and attached it on top of the barrel. I added the remaining accessories that the previous owner did not put on. I will touch up whatever that is needed later. Everything was functioning accordingly. It is battle ready.

Name:	IMG_0978A.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	350748
                      Just be aware that the LegoDEI receivers for Tamiyas can sporadically cause the older two piece DMD/MFUs as used in the M4 and others older Tamiya tanks to act as if it was in “test mode” which means it will indicate hits, but not any damage effects. Thus it will never die no matter how many times it is hit.

The issue is believed to come from the new brighter LEDs now used and their added power draw. The DMD/MFU can read this as a malfunction and default to “test mode”.

Again just something to be aware could and does happen during battles.

Comment

Comment

Thank you for the letting me know about the LegoDEi on the old Tamiya boards. I did test on both of my KV-2 and this M4. The KV-2 got 9 hits and this one got 5 hits.

Name:	IMG_0987A.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	350759

Comment

I noticed that after the tank got shot, if its speed slowed down and the engine sound went into the damage mode, then everything was functioning correctly. The tank will be knocked out in the set number of hits according tho the type of tank. If it keeps flashing the same way after the hit without the damaging sound, then it is in the "test mode".

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                              You can engineer a tube into the gun sight hole next to the main gun in the mantlet so that you do not need the fake mount on top of the gun.
                              Thanks! Since this was a used tank from Craigslist, I just want to make sure everything works. And I am quite excited that it did.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                I noticed that after the tank got shot, if its speed slowed down and the engine sound went into the damage mode, then everything was functioning correctly. The tank will be knocked out in the set number of hits according tho the type of tank. If it keeps flashing the same way after the hit without the damaging sound, then it is in the "test mode".
                                Yes it will flash as if normally hit but there will be no damage incurred.

The fault does not always happen and a tank can work fine for a number of battle cycles, but it does happen often enough to be aware of and keep a watch out for it. Once it happens the tank will keep defaulting to “test mode” even after being normally reset.

Disconnecting the battery for a short time seems to work at effecting a full reset, but this takes time.

For this reason I don’t normally use or recommend the LegoDEI receivers in older DMD/MFU tanks. They work great in the new DMD systems like those in the Leopard 2, Abrams, Type10, M551 and Centurion.

Again just be aware that you could have the issue and if you see it come up how to deal with it.

Comment

And here they are....My two Tamiya Shermans.

Name:	IMG_0990A.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	350769

Name:	IMG_0989A.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	350770
                                  Thank you Rubicon. I will put the Tamiya receiver in this recent acquired M4 when I battle just to be at ease.

Comment

My daughter and I will probably be playing with these two the next time we battle together in LA :-)

Name:	IMG_0991A.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	350772

Comment

Great looking tanks. I keep hoping the find one.

Comment

Ok! After the spray wash, the brush wash, the dry brush, and the dullcote, the weathering work is done. For the tracks, I will let the battle do the weathering on them for me :-)

Name:	IMG_1013A.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	351068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018A.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	351069

Comment

Name:	IMG_1014A.jpg