X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL & Flysky

Does anyone know how this guy drives the HL with a Flysky FS-GT3c Tx?

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
    Does anyone know how this guy drives the HL with a Flysky FS-GT3c Tx?
    It’s a HL tank with the stock electronics replaced with an aftermarket control board like a Clark or IBU.

It is very common practice to replace the control systems with more advanced aftermarket ones. I use Tamiya control systems in many of my HL tanks. Although the most common aftermarket system people use is Clark.

The aftermarket systems allow the uses of hobby grade transmitters such as a Flysky, Spectrum or whatever brand you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

It’s a HL tank with the stock electronics replaced with an aftermarket control board like a Clark or IBU.

It is very common practice to replace the control systems with more advanced aftermarket ones. I use Tamiya control systems in many of my HL tanks. Although the most common aftermarket system people use is Clark.

The aftermarket systems allow the uses of hobby grade transmitters such as a Skyfly, Spectrum or whatever brand you like.
      Got it, the guy didn't mention changing the MFU, or I could very well missed it. I am trying to find the least expensive way to consolidate my HL's into a single Tx. That's one of the reasons I am partial to Taigen's.

Comment

Got it, the guy didn't mention changing the MFU, or I could very well missed it. I am trying to find the least expensive way to consolidate my HL's into a single Tx. That's one of the reasons I am partial to Taigen's.
        He mentioned near the beginning it was modified but did not explain the extent of modification and then later on says it has “Mamba” motors. Given the way the tank is accelerating I would make an educated guess the “Mamba” motors are brushless (which the stock controls systems cannot handle) and he is using an 11v Lipo battery.

I found him comical and his knowledge of RC tanks lacking depth. I am sure he is a good RC truck guy, but not so with tanks.

As far as controls go you are aware that you can bind all your HL 6.0 + tanks to one HL controller. Also there is another HL controller that is “hobby grade” but it is only sold in Asia. It can be found from time to time on various web sites like Aliexpress.com.

Comment

He mentioned near the beginning it was modified but did not explain the extent of modification and then later on says it has “Mamba” motors. Given the way the tank is accelerating I would make an educated guess the “Mamba” motors are brushless (which the stock controls systems cannot handle) and he is using an 11v Lipo battery.

I found him comical and his knowledge of RC tanks lacking depth. I am sure he is a good RC truck guy, but not so with tanks.

As far as controls go you are aware that you can bind all your HL 6.0 + tanks to one HL controller. Also there is another HL controller that is “hobby grade” but it is only sold in Asia. It can be found from time to time on various web sites like Aliexpress.com.

My bad, missed that. I do know I can bind the HL's to one controller, but am not aware there is a hobby-grade variant. Right now I am running a couple of Frsky on the Taigens, one is OTX and the other is ETHOS, still trying to transition fully to ETHOS

Comment

My bad, missed that. I do know I can bind the HL's to one controller, but am not aware there is a hobby-grade variant. Right now I am running a couple of Frsky on the Taigens, one is OTX and the other is ETHOS, still trying to transition fully to ETHOS
            Since we are on this subject, if you have the FlySky FS-I6S, can you kindly brief me on how to set up the memories for each tank in it? I got one and the instruction did not have that info included. I don't know how.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Since we are on this subject, if you have the FlySky FS-I6S, can you kindly brief me on how to set up the memories for each tank in it? I got one and the instruction did not have that info included. I don't know how.
              David, sorry I don't use Flysky and am unfamiliar with the unit, I use the Frsky X10s Express running OTX and their newer X20s running ETHOS. For that particular FlySky controller, you may want to reach out to Stanley (rctanklegion@gmail.com), he sells those and he has been helpful.

Also check out this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6S-Transmitter and check your F/W, etc.

Comment

Got it! Thank you!

Comment

DavidN Found this, after the F/W update, the user talked about the Model menu etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDx2X5P6KEA&t=812s

Comment

DavidN Found this, after the F/W update, the user talked about the Model menu etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDx2X5P6KEA&t=812s
                    Thank you Sclui! I went over that video before on YouTube. He did not show in detail how to save the model into memory. I have just realized one of the LA tank club members used it for battling. I will ask him to show me when we meet at the battle in early December. Thanks again for checking for me

Comment

OK, good luck. That's really a decent radio for tanks, especially considering the cost, bonus is that you can get Rx's on the cheap. I looked at that before but since I was using Deviation & OTX, I decided to stick with OTX, and now ETHOS b/c Frsky decided they want to be proprietory.

Comment

The aftermarket systems allow the uses of hobby grade transmitters such as a Flysky, Spectrum or whatever brand you like.
                        I am curious,in general, can I use HL control system on a static Tamiya tank? I saw a Tamiya tank on Ebay with not much of anything inside except its gearboxes. Can I install the HL gearboxes into it also? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

I am curious,in general, can I use HL control system on a static Tamiya tank? I saw a Tamiya tank on Ebay with not much of anything inside except its gearboxes. Can I install the HL gearboxes into it also? Thank you!
                          Yes you can. But for best results you should use the HL 6.1S system as this supports servo recoil and evaluation should you decide to use servo elevation and recoil in your Tamiya tank.

The HL gearboxes will take a bit of work to install but it can be done.

Comment

Working...
                          X