You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Picks on the Worse Henglong Tanks You Own.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems I either need to do some more reading up on the various models or just bite the bullet, order one, and see what happens. I was looking at the T-34 since my son and I really enjoyed the movie of the same name, but he was insistent that it wouldn’t be right to battle with friendlies. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Operator7G View Post
      Seems I either need to do some more reading up on the various models or just bite the bullet, order one, and see what happens. I was looking at the T-34 since my son and I really enjoyed the movie of the same name, but he was insistent that it wouldn’t be right to battle with friendlies. 😁
      They were only friendly for a few short years after which they were enemies.

Comment

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend", didn't last long.

Comment

I'm also new to this, having started "thinking" about tanks 19 whole days ago and already I have a T-90, Leopard and M1A2 and just ordered the Challenger II. I've had zero issues with any of them. A friend has the Stug and the road wheels keep falling off...

Curious on opinions on any of the tanks I've bought...

Video of my wife and I in the snow yesterday,,,

. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2725.JPG
Views:	625
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	335049

Comment

My Challenger II was quite slow and could not go up a slope that my other tanks could.

Comment

I saw you said that. Considering the Leo has the same treads and weight I wonder why. I don't consider my Leo as slow or under powered but then I'm new to this.

Even in the icy snow we played in the Leo is pretty good. That said I ordered four red 390 motors last night. Not sure which of the tanks I'll put them in yet though.

Comment

Yeah! My leopard II runs great. They both have metal running gears and tracks. Somehow the tracks on the Challenger don’t have much grips to move it up the slope.

Comment

The leo has more contact patch, that's about the only difference I can see...

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                    Yeah! My leopard II runs great. They both have metal running gears and tracks. Somehow the tracks on the Challenger don’t have much grips to move it up the slope.
                    David, that's so weird, are they running same gearboxes and motors?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

They were only friendly for a few short years after which they were enemies.
                      Fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post

David, that's so weird, are they running same gearboxes and motors?
                        Both of them were customized versions when I bought them. You made me curious. I opened the Leopard II to put the LegoDEI in for the LA battle next month. But I don't think I had a chance to open the Challenger II yet. They both weighted about the same at 12 lbs. So I took it out and tried again. And I have just realized that both batteries I used for the Challenger II went bad on me. All these time, I have been using the same 2 batteries thinking they were both good. I put a third battery in and it roared with power. So, my bad on the opinion about this tank. I take it back :-) Now it can climb .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9021.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	335091

Comment

David, you had me worried a bit since this is one tank I intended to get. Thanks for the update.

Comment

And I ordered yesterday... David is yours weathered or painted?

Comment

I weathered it. I only painted and also weathered the wheels since all HL tanks with metal wheels are sold with the wheels unpainted.

Name:	IMG_8351.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	335103

Name:	IMG_8827.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	335104

Comment

I just purchased the King Tiger. I honestly didn't think it was going to be that BIG! It's a beautiful looking tank out of the box. I bought oil paint to make the mold lines and bolts stand out. It came with metal tracks and idlers. Haven't painted those yet. Within a couple weeks the speaker stopped working but the seller is sending me a new one asap without extra cost. Me and the kids love the tank so far! I plan on getting another. I can't decide if I want the T-90 or the M26 Pershing (which is difficult to find at a reasonable price).

Name:	IMG_20220127_214825.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	336990

Comment

I started 5 weeks ago and the T-90 was my first tank, still my favorite. Since then I bought a M1A2 second hand, Leopard, Challenger2, Bulldog and T-34. We are trying to get a group together to do the FPV IR battling...

If a Pershing turned up NIB or like new I'd get it.

Comment

Hey, If there is a Tank that you don't want, donate them to me. I'll be happy to take it off your hands and fix them up. Cheers!

Comment

You should start opening up your tank to study it. The speaker issue is the least problem we come across. My tanks have many issues, but I hardly have any problem about their speakers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Proof that even the worst looking stock HL tank given a quality paint job can be made into something nice.
                                        But let’s face it, looks close enough to an untrained eye, and your cammo is excellent enough to make anyone believe.

Comment

Working...
                                        X