X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL 7.0 durability

Hello, all. Brand new here and to tanks. Getting ready to pull the trigger on my first tanks—HL 7.0s of the Abrams and T90 in the Pro config. I’m wondering where I can take them. Can I get them dirty without fear? Do they need to be babied? I don’t expect to bash them like a Traxxas Slash but I am curious to know how hardy they are.Any thoughts welcomed!

HD! Welcome to the forum! From my perspective, they are like toys. Some of our boys play rough and some boys play gentle. I divide my tanks into 3 categories: indoors, outdoors, and IR battle. With that, you will probably understand my reasoning. Like all running vehicles, the more you run and depends on the roughness of the terrain, the more the need for maintenance. Before a major run, check all the nuts, bolts, tracks tension, glued parts, and lubrication. After the run, dusting, cleaning, taking out the battery. Soon or later, you will have to open up your tank to learn from the inside. For HL, buy from Toucan Ebay, their website, or lowest bid on Ebay. Enjoy!

Comment

HD, if you've been using offroad rc cars, these tanks are the same, in that they aren't invulnerable but they are fixable. Replacement parts are usually available too. They aren't waterproof, so no puddle jumping!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by HotDiggity View Post
        Hello, all. Brand new here and to tanks. Getting ready to pull the trigger on my first tanks—HL 7.0s of the Abrams and T90 in the Pro config. I’m wondering where I can take them. Can I get them dirty without fear? Do they need to be babied? I don’t expect to bash them like a Traxxas Slash but I am curious to know how hardy they are.Any thoughts welcomed!
        See my Instagram @ fsttanks for ideas on light to rough use. You don’t have to baby the T72/90 or Abrams but you have to make sure you have them set up properly to handle a lot of abuse.

Start the of easy and work up. Remembering these are scale models and if you keep the terrain close to scale you will have lots of fun.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Really appreciate the info! Looking forward to getting them. They’ll be coming from a mix of dealers on ebay as Toucan only has one in stock. It’s interesting how there are a number of ebay vendors all seemingly located in Cranbury, New Jersey with the exact same descriptions of these tanks—Toucan included. :/

Comment

They're all the same...I asked once and they said yes.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by HotDiggity View Post
              Thanks, everyone. Really appreciate the info! Looking forward to getting them. They’ll be coming from a mix of dealers on ebay as Toucan only has one in stock. It’s interesting how there are a number of ebay vendors all seemingly located in Cranbury, New Jersey with the exact same descriptions of these tanks—Toucan included. :/
              That s because they are all Toucan. No kidding Toucan uses a lot of names on EBay. They are a good company and have quality CS so whichever “Cranbury New Jersey” you buy from be assured it’s Toucan and you will be fine.

Comment

And in most of their items, the pictures of the tanks have the shady or faded "Toucan" words in them :-)

Comment

Working...
                X