X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for extra parts

I would like to start a thread regarding extra parts that we all have in our spare part boxes. Please input any parts that you have extra and your idea of what you did with them.

As for example, I upgraded my panzer III and IV from plastic tracks to metal tracks. I used the old plastic track links by adding them for more armor protection to most of my panzers.

Or is there any part that you recommend just to throw it in the trash as it will never be useful anymore and it just occupy space in our extra part box?

Here are my first few items:

1. I have not much room in my garage for the boxes that the tanks arrived with. Do you guys keep them or throw them away? I am thinking of keeping the boxes and fold them but toss the foam inside away.
    2. The zinc gearboxes from HL. Is there a good reason to keep them after upgrading our tanks to metal gearboxes?
    3. All the old MFUs from HL? Throw them away?
    4. I also have about 15 extra HL transmitters that I don't use.
    5. The black HL IR mushrooms? Save the little magnet and throw the rest away?
    6. The battery chargers that come with the HL tanks?

I do want to throw most of these stuff away. I just want to check with you all if there are any use in them before doing so. Thank you!

Every part should be saved. Some can be used to repair your models when you break parts off. Others can be repurposed to use detail or kit out other tanks or just reused in other modeling applications outside the RC tank hobby like detailing various large models.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

What ever you throw away, Murphy will make sure it is something you later want.

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
        I would like to start a thread regarding extra parts that we all have in our spare part boxes. Please input any parts that you have extra and your idea of what you did with them.

As for example, I upgraded my panzer III and IV from plastic tracks to metal tracks. I used the old plastic track links by adding them for more armor protection to most of my panzers.

Or is there any part that you recommend just to throw it in the trash as it will never be useful anymore and it just occupy space in our extra part box?

Here are my first few items:

1. I have not much room in my garage for the boxes that the tanks arrived with. Do you guys keep them or throw them away? I am thinking of keeping the boxes and fold them but toss the foam inside away.
        2. The zinc gearboxes from HL. Is there a good reason to keep them after upgrading our tanks to metal gearboxes?
        3. All the old MFUs from HL? Throw them away?
        4. I also have about 15 extra HL transmitters that I don't use.
        5. The black HL IR mushrooms? Save the little magnet and throw the rest away?
        6. The battery chargers that come with the HL tanks?

I do want to throw most of these stuff away. I just want to check with you all if there are any use in them before doing so. Thank you!
        There is not enough “hard drive server space” available on this site for me to even being to list parts and potential uses. LOL

Comment

I just need your input on my little short list from 1 to 6 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
            I just need your input on my little short list from 1 to 6 :-)
            Trash all except the magnets.

Comment

I was giving all my stock HL batteries, chargers, apples and radio systems to the LA museum for repair parts to service the nubies that come the LA Tank meets.
              The boxes and such get trashed.
              Note, any electrical stuff you dont keep should be taken to E waste for recycling especially the batteries.
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thank you Rich for your post. I will bring my extras to the museum on our next LA battle day.

Comment

Working...
                X