X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL 7.0 T34/KV

I have a 7.0 T34/85 and a static KV-1. I want to make the KV-85 similar to those from Bob and R99. I am waiting for the order of steel gearboxes to do the KV-85. So, in the mean time, I assembled what I have left together. And here is the 7.0 T34/KV that I am working on. It has aiming light and launch flashing light in the barrel. Since the rear machine gun in the turret is hollow, I put another red LED light in there too. So it now has MG in both front and back. Here is what it looks like. When I finish working on the KV-85, I will do the paint, decals and weathering together with this one.

Note: the turret can only rotate up to about 85 degrees each side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8545.PNG
Views:	393
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	332315

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    I have a 7.0 T34/85 and a static KV-1. I want to make the KV-85 similar to those from Bob and R99. I am waiting for the order of steel gearboxes to do the KV-85. So, in the mean time, I assembled what I have left together. And here is the 7.0 T34/KV that I am working on. It has aiming light and launch flashing light in the barrel. Since the rear machine gun in the turret is hollow, I put another red LED light in there too. So it now has MG in both front and back. Here is what it looks like. When I finish working on the KV-85, I will do the paint, decals and weathering together with this one.

Note: the turret can only rotate up to about 85 degrees each side.

Name:	IMG_8545.PNG
Views:	393
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	332315
    Made one of those about a year ago. It’s an interesting combination but with the lack of a fully rotating turret I did not keep it long.

Try an M4 turret or M41 turret next. Those are also interesting combinations on the T34 lower hull.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Made one of those about a year ago. It’s an interesting combination but with the lack of a fully rotating turret I did not keep it long.

Try an M4 turret or M41 turret next. Those are also interesting combinations on the T34 lower hull.
      Thank you for the additional combination idea . The smaller turret of the M4 should look better.

Comment

I dunno guys, I might have you beat with my secret hybrid T-35/KV-1/T-34-76……..grin!

Name:	EF199CAD-0807-4574-9411-6A6F7B9285EB.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	332341
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

On a serious note David, if you really have a spare T-34 chassis, you might consider one of Vandra’s conversions.

Name:	3231D12A-32FC-4C6B-84C7-0A059ED9B7FD.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	332344

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks for mention to me about the SU-122. Somehow it doesn't look appealing to me. I already have the SU-100.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I tried to put the M4 turret on it this morning. It looks small but the diameter base of the turret is big. It got stuck at the 2 rear engine compartment covers. It would not go down all the way. Oh well, I tried :-) I don't have any extra M41 turret.

Comment

The rain stops temporarily in So Cal. I sent out my new tank to test right away. It's another "odd" addition to my collection that I enjoy having :-)

Name:	IMG_8763.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	333398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8764.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	333399

Comment

Name:	IMG_8729.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	333401Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8741.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	333402

Comment

I cut out about 1cm of plastic off the bottom sections on both sides of the turret. Now the turret can rotate up to 100 degrees each directions. It is good enough for me. And it is now ready for IR battle.

Name:	IMG_6150.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	359296

Comment

Looks like a T34 wearing a helmet... :)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                        I cut out about 1cm of plastic off the bottom sections on both sides of the turret. Now the turret can rotate up to 100 degrees each directions. It is good enough for me. And it is now ready for IR battle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6150.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	359296
                        I had to chop the turret as well when I did one of these. Its a cool looking combination that has a tougher look in person then in photos.

It looks good David you did a nice job bring all the elements together 👍👍

Comment

Working...
                        X