X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Binding

Hey guys, is there a different binding procedure for the new 7.0 & 7.1 boards? i seem to recall something about another button to press for the 7's, but I can't find that info.

6.0, 6.1: Turn Tx on, hold down start button while turning tank on.

7.0, 7.1; the same, or?

if it's the same, I may have a bad 7.0 board.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

How many 7.0 tanks do you have? You can try on the other to see if the radio bind. It is the same procedure for me. I use only 1 transmitter for my T34/85, M41, Stug III and Leopard II.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      Hey guys, is there a different binding procedure for the new 7.0 & 7.1 boards? i seem to recall something about another button to press for the 7's, but I can't find that info.

6.0, 6.1: Turn Tx on, hold down start button while turning tank on.

7.0, 7.1; the same, or?

if it's the same, I may have a bad 7.0 board.
      It should be the same procedure.

Comment

That's what I thought. However, here's an additional development: Although the tank would not bind with a 6.0 transmitter, IT DID with a 7.0 transmitter that I got with my 7.0 Panther. The transmitters are visually the same, but the stickers on the back are 6 and 7 respectively. The bind procedure is in fact the same, but the 7's and 6's weren't happy together. I'd be interested if others have encountered this. I'm frequently moving boards from tank to tank, which is how I discovered this.

Maybe this is the origin of that phrase " I'm all at sixes and sevens"? 🙄

Comment

Here how I recognize my HL radios. All of the 6.0 radios have the "6 SERIES" printed in the front lower left with the picture of the T90 (I think). All of my 7.0 radios have the Porsche Tiger picture in the front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8682.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	333217Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8681A.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	333218

Comment

But I might be wrong as HL can just put anything in the front :-)

Comment

David, try what I did. Take a 6.0 transmitter and try to bind one of your 7.0 tanks to it. You can always rebind it back to your original Tx.

Comment

I took three 6.0 transmitters and tried to bind with my 7.0 T34/85. None of them works. I took the 7.0 transmitter and tried. It turned on instantly. I guess mines don't work. I will try more later. Gotta go X-mas party now. Wife and kids are waiting.

Comment

Try binding the 7.0 to a 6 system.

Comment

I have already labeled all my transmitters accordingly with my tanks. 1 transmitter for each type i.e. all panzer IIIs are bound into 1 Tx. I'm ok with them like that. :-)

Comment

I could not get a 6.1 board to bind to my 7.0 transmitter.

Comment

Another thing to be aware of: The Heng Long 7.0 board does not have servo operated recoil or elevation. Not a problem for stock HL tank. The 7.1 does.

Comment

I have not been able to get a 7.1 board yet haven't seen any on Toucan yet. I also haven't checked my stuff for binding either. Its is really cold here so lots of indoor projects to do and that is one of them.

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting my info from a 7.0 board I got for $40 from Toucan, and the 7.0-7.1 instruction addendum that came with a 7.0 panther I got. What I do know from my own experiments is that the 6.0 transmitter won't bind with the 7.0 board, and the 7.0 transmitter won't bind with the 6.0 boards.

Comment

I tried. Same negative result too.

Comment

Same issue. I only have 2 HL's - 1 6.0 Abrams & 1 7.0 T-90. The 2 won't cross bind. So many Tx's. Well, no matter, am switching these 2 over to Taigen v3 MFU soon as I get around and find a couple.

Comment

Aliexpress.com had 7.1 systems last time I looked just before Christmas. If they are still in stock expect a long shipping time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                                    Aliexpress.com had 7.1 systems last time I looked just before Christmas. If they are still in stock expect a long shipping time.
                                    Rubicon99 Aliexpress actually hasn't been bad for me in the last 3 purchases. I think the vendors (at least some) stopped using surface mail due to the shipping situation and are using air. My last 3 orders spanning from Oct to as recently as early Dec all showed up within 15 days, just as reference, these are smoker units, so RC tank related.

Comment

May I ask if the 6.0S TX and 7.0S Tx are able to bind with the 6.1S board? I got myself a 6.1S board but I don't have the right type of battery connector for it (the battery connector for 6.0S and 6.1S are different). I am just wondering for now until I get the battery to try.

Comment

The 6.0 Tx will bind with a 6.1 Rx I don't know about the 7.0 Tx with a 6.1 Rx. I would assume that it doesn't from the above comments.
                                        As far as connectors, A long time ago I converted to Dean's since I fly electric planes they were the " go to" connectors of the day and are still common and are easy to re solder to other electronics and batteries. So all my MFU's have Dean;s and the batteries too. All my chargers have Dean's so its easy to charge multiple batteries at once.
                                        If I had to do it again I would more than likely use the XT-60 plugs I like them better then Dean's, there are lots of adapters back and forth between the 2 and compact. The stock Tamiya plugs are bulky and difficult to re use.

Comment

Working...
                                        X