X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooben Leopard 2A4

Has anyone ordered this Leopard 2A4? Any input as I would like to get it. Pre-order deadline on Hooben website is 1/1/2022. Price will go up after that. Is this the only place to get it? Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leopard 2A4.png
Views:	393
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	333745

David, it’s going to be a completely 3d printed tank. The upper hull and turret will be resin, brittle delicate but highly detailed. The chassis might be metal, but the control arms and wheels will be PLA.

I suggest anyone interested in any hooben tank product go read my Hooben Merkava review posted on RCUniverse forum. I received my Merkava in November, and so much if it was broken or needed tweaking and such, that I have not achieved 1 hour of drive time on it yet. I am currently awaiting new control arm replacements from my shapeways account to try and get it operational again.

any hooben tank will require a minimum complete gutting of all electronics and conversion to aftermarket TCB and radio system.

if you want a Leopard 2a4 I suggest you buy an A4 turret from Christian Ludwig, have him build it and set it up with servo recoil system and then install it on a HL leopard.
    just MHO.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thanks! I remember reading your post about the horrible Merkava. I will skip it then :-(

Comment

David, Hooben = DON'T DO IT, take it from Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
          Has anyone ordered this Leopard 2A4? Any input as I would like to get it. Pre-order deadline on Hooben website is 1/1/2022. Price will go up after that. Is this the only place to get it? Thank you!

Name:	Leopard 2A4.png
Views:	393
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	333745
          I for sure will be getting one!!! Totally worth the high expenses, extreme effort and frustration making it work to a basic HL level. It would be the only A4 turret version in the western US.

I am just kidding...I wouldn’t touch one of the new Hooben offerings with a ten foot pole!!! Absolutely junk other then as static displays.

Comment

It is just too bad that they have many other nice 1/16 varieties for the hobby.

Name:	MARK IV.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	333787Click image for larger version

Name:	CROMWELL.png
Views:	297
Size:	670.7 KB
ID:	333788

Name:	TIGER PORSCHE 2.png
Views:	275