X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricut Maker for styrene

Has anyone been successful in using the Cricut Maker in cutting styrene? My daughter has been using the cheaper model and I have been contemplating getting the larger Maker in cutting styrene for hull supports.

If you have used these type of cutters, could you please share your experience? Thanks.

I haven't used mine for cutting anything but vinyl, so I can't help with this.

However, the.Cricut has been one of the most valuable tools I have for the hobby. I have one of the less expensive models.

I cut painting masks, waterslide decals, vinyl decals and everything in between. It is well worth it for that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
      I haven't used mine for cutting anything but vinyl, so I can't help with this.

However, the.Cricut has been one of the most valuable tools I have for the hobby. I have one of the less expensive models.

I cut painting masks, waterslide decals, vinyl decals and everything in between. It is well worth it for that alone.
      Appreciate the feedback. my daughter has one of the smaller units and she has been doing lots of decals and iron-on's. I was thinking of getting the Maker series so that I can do styrene and paint masks. May just have to give this a go, worst case scenario is that it won't work well with certain thickness but the scoring force should be sufficient to have cleaner break of the styrene.

BTW, what material and setting you use for making the paint masks?

Comment

Working...
      X