Views:	176
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	335608

Comment

Did you get that tiger from Jeff?
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Yes! It was all beaten up with no MDM or MFU inside. It had a mustard yellow color on it. The gearboxes were both dried up. I had to order the decals, tools, hoses, a new set of Tamiya electronics, and the IR battle unit. This is how it looked before I repainted it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8772.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	335620

Comment

Yeah I remember that tank. It was a loaner mostly.
          you ordered new Tamiya dmd mfu system? Why not have tried a Clark board at that point. Would have been a perfect opportunity to set one up and learn it. Much cheaper than Tamiya dad system.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I ordered the other stuffs. For the Tamiya dmd and mfu, Jeff also had a new set handy...so he let me have them at a much lower prices. I saved myself some $ on the items, shipping fee and no waiting. They were there so I just connected them in and ran the tank. For the Clark board experience, I took your advice and I intend to put them in or convert to them only on my HL tanks since the HLs are the ones with the black plastic Txs :-) I will get the TK80 since it is the only board that will work with my closed system DX9 Tx. I will probably skip the set up of the Flysky Tx and the Sbus TK board since it could only work on 5 tanks per FlySky Tx. I hope I am doing the right thing

Comment

I use a Clark 40tks on my Panzer III. I use it with my openTx Horus 12s. The boards are slightly hard to set up in my opinion. I don't think I have elevation PWM set up correctly. Also, Clark boards and certain servos don't mix. They have a weird neutral band for PWM servos that can send most servos either jittering or just plain spinning. Hitec will simply overheat and never move. Towerpro seem to work the best.

Over a stock system they are light years ahead though. I personally hate the Flysky TX. Set one up for a friend. That cured me. I need OpenTX for its versatility.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Is there a battle day this weekend? February 5th or 6th?

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                  Is there a battle day this weekend? February 5th or 6th?
                  There should be one this Sat February 5th. If so it starts at 10am.

Comment

I'll be there. Thanks

Comment

FYI, LegoDEI will be there to roll his tank around with us. If anyone wants to get some items from him, please let me know. Then I will ask him to bring them for you to buy instead of ordering online. We will do whatever we can to save $ :-)

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I will bend his ear on how to set up my tank mine I bought from him a year ago to set off my air cannon. Hehe.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I will bend his ear on how to set up my tank mine I bought from him a year ago to set off my air cannon. Hehe.
                          The Lego IR receiver has nothing to do with anything other then telling the MFU it is seeing an IR pulse. The HL 6.0-7.0 MFU then decides how to respond.

If you want something else to happen it must be a function the MFU supports.

Comment

I am interested in how to get my air cannon to fire off the output pins.

Comment

I am interested in how to get my air cannon to fire off the output pins.
                              I see what you have. It’s not an IR receiver. Yep that you will have to talk with him about.

Comment

Working...
                              X