ID:	334681

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    I received this email today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFF MUSEUM.png
Views:	344
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	334681
    The March arrival date is optimistic. With port backlogs on the west coast (thank you CA for this) a mid April date is more plausible.

I couldn’t wait that long and ordered one straight from Japan. Tracking shows it will be arriving Jan 19th. I will be doing a build and drive review once it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The March arrival date is optimistic. With port backlogs on the west coast (thank you CA for this) a mid April date is more plausible.

I couldn’t wait that long and ordered one straight from Japan. Tracking shows it will be arriving Jan 19th. I will be doing a build and drive review once it arrives.
      Excellent news, I am looking forward to your build and review.

Comment

I better build my Tamiya KT soon before this tank arrives, lol.

Comment

I better build my Tamiya KT soon before this tank arrives, lol.
          Did you order one?

Comment

Yes! I pre-ordered it through our "American" museum. Unlike someone.... sending $ oversea. Haha! So sorry! Bad joke! I sent a lot of my $ to Toucan in China too :-(

Comment

Yes! I pre-ordered it through our "American" museum. Unlike someone.... sending $ oversea. Haha! So sorry! Bad joke! I sent a lot of my $ to Toucan in China too :-(
              Buying from Japan is not the same as buying from China. Buying from Japan supports a close ally and friend of the US. Who doesn’t want to support ones friends.

Comment

JAPANUSA

Comment

Since the NA package does not include the radio, does one simply add Tx & Tx? Or is there something else the NA package lacking besides consumables like batteries?

Comment

Because it is a model/RC kit, most retailers state that the item comes with no Tx, Rx, battery, charger, paints and finishing supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                      Since the NA package does not include the radio, does one simply add Tx & Tx? Or is there something else the NA package lacking besides consumables like batteries?
                      The NA package will need both a transmitter and receiver of at least 4 channels. Otherwise it is the same kit. About the only upgrade both kits need is to change the brass wheel bushing over to bearings. Cheap and easy upgrade, but best done during the initial build process.

Just for clarity this is a kit NOT an RTR tank like Heng Long or Taigen/Torro tanks. You get a box of ~1000 parts that must be assembled into a tank.

Comment

David & R99, thanks for the clarification. As for the bearings, would you get the Tamiya set or same spec from other vendors?

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                          David & R99, thanks for the clarification. As for the bearings, would you get the Tamiya set or same spec from other vendors?
                          Same spec from another vendor. No information yet as to the size of bearings required. Hopefully they are the same ones used on the majority of their tanks. 🤞

Comment

Does anyone know what the scale of this Cent is?
                            I ask as I picked up their 1/25th version last year - a model kit complete with TX, proportional movement, turret rotation but no elevation. Nice kit but been around forever.

that plus no one makes a 1/25th IDF 105mm conversion for it as opposed to building a Korean War MkIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Nfafan View Post
                              Does anyone know what the scale of this Cent is?
                              I ask as I picked up their 1/25th version last year - a model kit complete with TX, proportional movement, turret rotation but no elevation. Nice kit but been around forever.

that plus no one makes a 1/25th IDF 105mm conversion for it as opposed to building a Korean War MkIII.
                              The new Tamiya Centurion is in the much larger 1/16 scale.

Comment

Arrived today and it will be a rather large tank when built. About the size of a Panther.

Name:	7959EEAF-B122-4A3A-808E-E460D22D4D18.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	334982Click image for larger version

Name:	0FBF0F0B-A782-48D2-BE3C-C16A16FD9F52.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	334983

Comment

One day earlier than we thought. So you better finish it a day sooner too, lol. Looking forward to see how it turns out!

Comment

Can;t wait for Rubicon to complete this build!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                                      Arrived today and it will be a rather large tank when built. About the size of a Panther.

Name:	7959EEAF-B122-4A3A-808E-E460D22D4D18.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	334982Click image for larger version

Name:	0FBF0F0B-A782-48D2-BE3C-C16A16FD9F52.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	334983
                                      Exactly where did you order it from? And if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost? And how much was shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Exactly where did you order it from? And if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost? And how much was shipping?
                                        The to my door price was about $100 more then buying it from the AAF museum. Basically the difference of the added radio system.

We had to negotiate with the seller a bit but got the price down to $1040 + CA. Sales tax (PayPal). Shipping was expensive because I paid for expedited FedEx air. $200.

AAF has them listed at $1150 plus shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                        X