X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long M26 Pershing

Does anyone have any thoughts on the M26 1/16 scale tank? I'm looking into buying one. Is it a good tank to purchase? It seems they are pretty difficult to find. I'm not sure if they have produced any recently or just stopped production of the tank and parts all together?

Originally posted by Cameron Schaeffer View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the M26 1/16 scale tank? I'm looking into buying one. Is it a good tank to purchase? It seems they are pretty difficult to find. I'm not sure if they have produced any recently or just stopped production of the tank and parts all together?
    The HL Pershing is actually a descent tank if you can find a 6.0-7.0 version.

Comment

I bought a static kit, r/c'ed it, and just recently added metal tracks, sprockets and idlers. Nice wide treads, not too big a tank, makes it very agile. Direct contact Toucan Hobby and see if they have any M26's. toucanhobby@outlook.com.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I checked their website and didn't see any. I'm waiting on a response from them to see if they might have any in stock and just not on the website.

Comment

If you can’t get the RTR M26, just buy a static one along with a pair of steel gearboxes and a 6.0S board(or higher). We will guide you in this thread to make it run :-)

Comment

Interesting... What about the barrel and turret mechanics, lights and speaker?

Comment

These static tanks are the left-overs from HL. If we are lucky, many mechanical units are still intact and functional. Sometimes, one or two items are missing. If certain parts are not in or bad, we will just have to order those parts to replace them. Still cheap :-)

Comment

I did the same thing Bob did and as the result, I got myself a nice metal running geared M26 too. I also bought 10 extra track links for this tank. Those fragile pointing teeth might break if it is driven in rough terrain.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

For sure, all HL static tanks come with zinc or plastic gearboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      Interesting... What about the barrel and turret mechanics, lights and speaker?
                      I've bought four, all had turret mechanics. Some had smoke, some not, some had speakers, some not. Bottom line, depending on what there is and what you want, it'll cost more than if you bought one all together.........but there aren't any! I'm very happy with my setup, it's one cool tank!

Click image for larger version

Name:	M26 02.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	337093

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                      X