X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger (P)

This thread should start some vigorous debate! I'm looking at Hooben's Tiger(P), an unusual tank that lost out to Henschel's Tiger II. I would get the "motorized" version, without any electronics. I'd add in my own, either Heng Long or maybe my first Clark setup. So, aside from Rich's experience with a 3D Merkava, what are the specific negatives for Hooben? Is it all of them, or specific models? Is it the electronics, or something mechanical. If it's the former, adding my own stuff would hopefully bypass the known deficiencies. This tank looks to use the same suspension as the Elefant. This isn't a near future project, I still have other stuff I'm working on. Just brainstorming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-20 123205.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	338108
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

It is all the Hooben tanks except the T55 and M4. The M4 being their best RTR is not even close to the quality level of a pre 6.0 series HL tank.

Spare parts are also non existent or darn near. Rich had to basically hold them hostage to get parts. I have never been able to successful order parts from them or find spares anywhere online. Hooben told myself and others that if “you want spare parts it is best to buy a second tank”. Needless to say I will not invest in a Hooben ever again. CS is HORRIBLE!!

That said, Bob you have the level of skill needed to make a Hooben a decent tank. Just be ready for some head scratching and a few colorful words from your mouth during the build process.

Comment

Working...
    X