• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified HengLong King Tiger

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1218.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	338678Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1180.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.7 KB ID:	338657
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1182.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	338658Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1189.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.2 KB ID:	338659Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1192.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.0 KB ID:	338660Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1195.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.6 KB ID:	338661Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1199.jpg Views:	0 Size:	407.3 KB ID:	338662Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1206.jpg Views:	0 Size:	216.7 KB ID:	338663Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1208.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.9 KB ID:	338664Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1227.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.8 KB ID:	338667Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1228.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.6 KB ID:	338668Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1230.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.7 KB ID:	338669Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.7 KB ID:	338670Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1235.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	338671

Beautiful Tank. How does it run? Any issues with the track?
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

One of the nicest models I have seen pics of to date. Blue/Yellow tactical numbers tells me you did your research on this effort. I modeled 222 many years ago on the Tamiya King Tiger. What technique are you using to obtain the hard edges on your ambush scheme? Thanks.

VR

Comment

Thank you very much. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I have been a fan of German WW2 armor for many years and built Tamiya and Dragon 1/35 static display kits up until recently. The tank is completely brush painted with Mig's Late German Camouflages paint set. The metal wheels and tracks run fine so far.

Comment

Originally posted by KAdams View Post
          The tank is completely brush painted with Mig's Late German Camouflages paint set.
          Is this technique in Migs book? Your completed version of ambush is absolutely believable, as most of the pics of these vehicles appear to have a hard edges on the color variations of the camouflage. I have still not seen hard evidence they were all sprayed, especially late war vehicles. I did read the the red brown on late war vehicles was merely the base primer, as the actual paint ran out. I suspect 332 was in the same production that 222 was in, and was only in action 3 days before destruction, defending the Stavelot bridge.

Again, excellent work.

VR

Comment

I recommend you enter your tank in the "Tank of the Month" thread on the "RC Tank Warfare" forum website. They usually open it to entries the first week of every month. I urge others to do so also. There needs to be more competition there, it seems that there are a lot of repeat winners there due to the low turnout!

One complication. Their website restricts photo attachments to 1mb in size, 1920 pixels wide & 1080 pixels high. Ya gotta resize them before it'll accept the submissions.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I agree with Bob you should enter the contest. Your Tiger is fantastic. RCTANKWARFARE does have the same winners over and over, but needs some new blood. Granted some of those guys have really great skills and are worthy winners, but I like your chances.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Thank you all again for the kind words. I used the Tigers in Combat 1, 2 and 3 and Trojca's Konigstiger books for references for the modifications and Mig's King Tiger Walk Around and Tigers in the Ardennes books for the painting references. My hard edge ambush scheme is based loosely on some pretty clear photos of KT 204 after it had been 'liberated" by allied forces.

I will look into the RCTANKWARFARE Tank of the Month thread.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X