X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing arm repair

I think I should start a repair shop q&a thread, lol, been having that many problems with the tanks lately. This one is a doozy, was driving along a nice ridge when the t90 had a track lock up and over the side she went leaving a trail of fittings and more importantly a broke off swing arm on her way down to the bottom. Does anyone have a fix for this or would it be better to get a new lower hull Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_124213.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	339098Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_122131.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	339099Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_121919.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	441.4 KB
ID:	339100

I ordered a swing arm from Toucan Hobby to replace one that broke on my Abrams. It took three weeks but they were very helpful in making sure they sent the correct one.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I wish it was that easy, if you look closely you'll see the actual swing arm mount on the hull is broken, not sure if any repair will be robust enough

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
        I wish it was that easy, if you look closely you'll see the actual swing arm mount on the hull is broken, not sure if any repair will be robust enough
        I can say I have never seen that kind of break on a T72/90 lower hull before and I have broken my fair share of them. Your best path is to simply buy a new stripped lower hull and swap everything over.

Comment

The top of that hill is actually about 15 to 20 feet above where she is laying and lots of stones on the way down, am talking to Toucan right now for a new lower hull and the complete fitting package, lost a lot in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
            The top of that hill is actually about 15 to 20 feet above where she is laying and lots of stones on the way down, am talking to Toucan right now for a new lower hull and the complete fitting package, lost a lot in the undergrowth
            Sorry for the damage. Be prepared on the delivered cost for replacement hulls. I recently inquired about a stripped 6.0+ Abrams hull and was quoted U$85. Good luck!

Comment

matomart,Matomart.com,rc,toys,RC Tanks,RC Helicopters,RC Planes,RC Boats,RC Trucks,Cool RC Toys,RC Tank Accessories,Other Accessories

Comment

Have been quoted $100nz deliverd, I'll take that

Comment

Working...
                X