X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TORRO Leopard 2A6 from Zandatoy

In late January a recent gift allowed me to purchase my coveted TORRO Leopard 2A6. It was the latest version that discharged smoke from the barrel when you fired the main gun. Neat, huh?
    After the required preliminary testing, I applied the remaining parts and wanted to use up the last of the charge in the European battery. Long story short, the smoke that it was emitting was not from the smoke generator, but it was electrical. This unit shipped, was 41 lbs. In the interest of not having to ship this back to Zandatoy, I investigated what had happened and discovered the following. The smoke unit/motor was held in place, upside down by a small zip tie. the zip tie was old and brittle and broke. The unit was then free to move around breaking off the wires to it and jammed the firing mechanism, which broke off the support pins for it. I could not believe that a company with a reputation like TORRO's would use such a cheap method of fastening. I contacted TORRO and received no reply at all. I of course contacted Zandatoy, to which they said they would send me new parts. That was Feb. 17th. To date they have not arrived. Zandatoy didn't even have the customer service concern to send it express post/courier. I can not recommend buying this unit from either TORRO or Zandatoy. Costs for this unit, including all taxes, duty, shipping brought it to 2000.00 Canadian. Thanks for nothing Tony.

Originally posted by John4787 View Post
    In late January a recent gift allowed me to purchase my coveted TORRO Leopard 2A6. It was the latest version that discharged smoke from the barrel when you fired the main gun. Neat, huh?
    After the required preliminary testing, I applied the remaining parts and wanted to use up the last of the charge in the European battery. Long story short, the smoke that it was emitting was not from the smoke generator, but it was electrical. This unit shipped, was 41 lbs. In the interest of not having to ship this back to Zandatoy, I investigated what had happened and discovered the following. The smoke unit/motor was held in place, upside down by a small zip tie. the zip tie was old and brittle and broke. The unit was then free to move around breaking off the wires to it and jammed the firing mechanism, which broke off the support pins for it. I could not believe that a company with a reputation like TORRO's would use such a cheap method of fastening. I contacted TORRO and received no reply at all. I of course contacted Zandatoy, to which they said they would send me new parts. That was Feb. 17th. To date they have not arrived. Zandatoy didn't even have the customer service concern to send it express post/courier. I can not recommend buying this unit from either TORRO or Zandatoy. Costs for this unit, including all taxes, duty, shipping brought it to 2000.00 Canadian. Thanks for nothing Tony.
    So what are you asking? Where to get parts in North America?

Just an FYI Torro and Taigen are them same tanks just rebranded and both heavily use Heng Long sourced parts.

Comment

Even the Torro & Taigen are one of the same, I have yet to see Taigen bringing in anything that has barrel smoke yet. I have seen Torro advertised to have the same "new/added" feature like yours in Europe. I haven't seen the configuration but from your description, it's sort of an after-thought to compete with HL. It is unfortunate that you are not getting a quicker response, parts coming from China are slower than ever and cost much more. I have experienced delays (more so) recently due to the deteriorating COVID situation. On that front, you need to exercise some patience, besides, what's the alternative?

Having said that, Zandatoy operates on eBay under ZA-empire, their listing for the version of Leo 2 you got is $954.99 and they list $89 for shipping in the U.S. Just for reference, MotionRC was selling the Torro version w/o barrel smoke for $559 including free shipping, and Taigen/IMEX was selling theirs for $629 w/o barrel smoke, again with free shipping in the U.S. Unfortunately, neither one has stock.

BTW, I don't believe one can reach the manufacturer directly, all IMEX and torro-shop.de are just importers. Good luck, best bet is to stay on Zandatoys.

Comment

Working...
      X