Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idler wheel adjustment on Heng Long Tiger 1 version 7

Hello,
    My name Sean and I’m new to this forum and RC tanks (although not new to RC).

I’m wondering if someone can advise me on an issue I’m having with a new Heng Long Tiger 1. version 7. The Tank is the basic model (plastic, except metal gear box) and is just over a week old. After some outdoor driving on reasonably solid dirt, we noticed that the tank wasn’t turning properly. I set the tank up on a block and tested the drive - both tracks run in forward and reverse, but intermittently there would be some clacking noise and the right side track would lock up. A light pull on the track would get the wheels spinning again. After doing a full cleaning and a bunch of reading, I decided to pull the rear idler wheel and see if a tension adjustment found help.

The problem I’m having is that the screw that attaches the tension adjuster to the hull will not retighten. It was tight when I loosened the adjuster, but now it just spins as if there were no threads in the hull when I try to reattach the adjuster. I’ve tried researching this on various forums, but there doesn’t seem to be much info on the newer tigers with tension adjusters.

I could return the tank, since it’s new, but I’d rather learn to work on it and keep it running, but sadly the manual doesn’t really help here, it just says hat if the screw “slips” then pull up the tension adjuster and tighten slowly. I, guessing this is some kind of self-threading deal?

Anyway, sorry for writing a book here, but I’d appreciate any advice and my son would be really happy to have his tank running again 🙂

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA9257B9-702D-4F14-ADA1-42BFCD9D5C3C.jpeg
Views:	459
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	340582

Don't have the same tank, check to see if there's a nut inside the hull where that M3 screw attaches to?

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
      Don't have the same tank, check to see if there's a nut inside the hull where that M3 screw attaches to?
      Thanks. I’ll do that tomorrow. Found a video right after I posted this with a different HL tank that had a nut. Go figure!

Comment

If there is not a nut and the screw is a self threading type that seats into the plastic and has stripped the threads; try gluing a small piece of the plastic sprue, that likely came with the tank detail accessories, into the hole. Once the glue is dry, drill a small pilot hole and reassemble everything.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post
          If there is not a nut and the screw is a self threading type that seats into the plastic and has stripped the threads; try gluing a small piece of the plastic sprue, that likely came with the tank detail accessories, into the hole. Once the glue is dry, drill a small pilot hole and reassemble everything.
          Thanks for the tip. Fortunately there was a nut and the tension adjuster is now secure. Just need to reassemble the tank and see if I fixed the original issue. Everything seemed to run ok with the tracks off.

Comment

Working...
          X