Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL JST plug in 7.0 - CN16 (IR Receiver)

Recently tried to buy a stripped yellow lower M1A2 hull (=>6.0 version for the tension adjustor) for a project and had a hard time, no US stock and with shipping from China, I was quoted $85 originally, then I was able to get it for $70 shipped but when all set and done, I was told that the factory only had green ones, and they may not be able to ship for some time due to worsening COVID conditions.

In short, I ended up getting the basic plastic 7.0 version shipped from the US for $160. So Rubicon is correct, the hull is ~ half the cost. In any case, I moved all my upgraded parts onto the new hull and use the 7.0 instead of the 6.0 MFU I originally have (only because I didn’t want a mixed bag of 6 & 7, and sound chip is not an issue for the Abrams in 7).
    Everything went fine and the ONLY item I am stuck on is CN16 – IR Receiver. Both 6.0 & 7.0 use 3-pin JST (+ - S), only my 6.0 was wired for 2 pins (+ S), no big deal, went ahead and removed the wires, EXCEPT the 3-pin JST in the 7.0 is slightly smaller, both the plug dimension as well as the female pins. In short, NOT a direct plug.

I plan on giving the newer unit to my nephew, while I do not use IR nor battle, I would still like to button things up properly. Does anyone know what size 3-pin JST is used on the 7.0?

The two pin are JST XH 2.54mm pitch. These.

The three looks about 2mm spacing. They may be these. Edit, while I had a tank open today I compared both measurements and appearances and that does look like what are in our tanks.

Comment

Evan D is right.
      If your in a hurry you can use a plug end from a Heng long IR receiver and solder the wires to replace the JST XH to the JST PH.
      I have had Heng long tanks for 12 or more years back when they were 27mhz radio systems and the complicated wiring harnesses. 2 years ago I converted all the tanks to the 6.0 and 7.0 MFU's.
      I purchased the crimper and sets of plugs both for the JST XH and JST PH.
      With all the rewiring and changing plugs if was neater and easier to just do the plugs and wiring with the plug kits. Funny thing I got all set up and started with the change over and Heng long came out with their wiring package so that is something to check into also.
      I have both plug ins for the LEGO and Heng long IR receivers, The reason for that is we battle in a huge pole barn in the winter and is close range and we use the LEGO IR's for outdoor battle so we put both options in the tanks.
      When it was all said and done I converted over 14 tanks, this also includes the static tanks Toucan offers if they don't have a tank in 6.0 or 7.0 in stock

Comment

Thank you for both of your help. I ordered the 2.0 ones after the post and "hope" those would be the ones, besides, the next size down appears to be too small.

Comment

They sure look right but let us know please.

Comment

Guys, the 3-pin JST in the 7.0 MFU is the 2.0. Thanks again!

Comment

Good deal

Comment

Working...
              X