X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long IR bulb specs?

So my first tigers IR bulb died on me and I'm looking for a replacement. Just wondering what the specs are so I can source a bulb myself (easier shipping wise) unless you have a good source in western canada.

Looks like it is "Heng Long TK-EC018 IR Infrared unit tube plug wire". I would contact Toucan.

Comment

You can also go to Motion RC & click on a tank. You'll see a "spare parts" tab. They carry LED's there.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Neither of those options help what so ever, especially when they don't give specs or give stores that charge 33 dollars on $.99 part.

thankfully i got the exact information some where else.
        for anyone else that needs help in this area you're looking for a 5mm 940nm IR diode, 1.35v 100ma

Tsal 6200 or tsal 6100 on digikey fits the bill.

Comment

Sorry :(

Comment

Sorry our advice was no help whatsoever.

Comment

Ok, I'm sorry I understand my last response may have been harsh.

But I hope you can understand why I got a little frustrated, when it comes to toucan I've tried to talk to them and they take a week minimum to respond and since none of their US store fronts have spare parts I would have been looking at 1+ month to get my tank, now 2 tanks, up and running.

as for motion, the cheapest shipping they have for my location on a 99 cent 1 gram item is $33, which i can't justify spending.

Comment

Whatever…

Comment

Buy a bulb from a friend of mine in the LA Tank club.
                  High Power IR emitter for battling upgrade. 2 Dupont jumper wires included. Resistors not included.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Does this count as the IR bulb on a HL? Click image for larger version

Name:	M26 LED.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	341507Click image for larger version

Views:	238
ID:	341508

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                      Does this count as the IR bulb on a HL? Click image for larger version

Views:	260
ID:	341507Click image for larger version

Views:	238
ID:	341508
                      As far as the external “placement” goes it is incorrect for “club battles”. The IR emitter must be recessed or covered in some way at least ~8-9mm. Exposed as shown would hit everyone in 180deg arc including your own team.

Comment

Maybe I should make myself more clear. I haven't touched this tank as it came from the factory. Is that the IR bulb? I know it needs to be recessed9 mm

Comment

Maybe I should make myself more clear. I haven't touched this tank as it came from the factory. Is that the IR bulb? I know it needs to be recessed9 mm
                          Is it a 6.0 or higher factory tank? If not it is the MG bulb not the IR bulb as the older 5.2/5.3 tanks for the most part did not come with them.

Comment

It is new. Built last year. My old 18 transmitter won't work with it. I don't own any 6 or higher. Waiting for Clark to ship me a board. I have a 150 tk coming.

Comment

It is new. Built last year. My old 18 transmitter won't work with it. I don't own any 6 or higher. Waiting for Clark to ship me a board. I have a 150 tk coming.
                              New or old stock new? Is it a static tank? If static it is an older 5.2/5.3 from “left over” unsold stock that was “stripped” and sold as a “new static” tank. If it was new within the last few years it would be at least a 6.0 tank.

That said I would expect with a high degree of certainty the bulb to not be IR.

Comment

The pre-6.0 M26's had a "gun launch" LED there. Came on when you pressed the cannon button.

Comment

Thanks Bob. So I will get an IR bulb.

Comment

I have many extra HL IR bulbs. If you don’t mind waiting, I will bring it for you on the battle day in May. Your TK-50 might arrive in late April. You can set up your M26 to have it ready. Make a 10-11mm tube ready too. We can sand it down to match the curve of the turret and glue it on. We then install the IR bulb, test it, and then play.

Comment

I already ordered 2 from Haoji. I got an Apple for my Pershing too. Lets try and get the 88 gun going. Bring a 6.0 MFU Thanks

I cruised the Pershing around on a really old MFU and transmitter out of my Panzer and Bob is right the led is red and warns of a pending airsoft shot. I will dig it out once I get the IR emitter.

Comment

Word of advice, don’t try running a prototype cannon or untested tank at a game day. They usually need a bunch of tweaking and cause issues during the game.

Make sure before anything tank, cannon or mine is thoroughly tested for 100% function before it is fielded in a game. Also any mine or cannon should not have more then a one-two hit(s) before it is destroyed. Cannons must have a reload time equal to a medium tank (5 seconds). Using a HL system for the cannon it would need to have 5 hits placed on it prior to the start of each game and a delayed firing sequence of a 5-6 slow count the same as a HL tank. Otherwise you will have a number of very upset tankers and it will be quickly removed from the field and not allowed back on.

I say all this because it has happened MANY times in the past when cannons and mines are used.

Comment

Working...
                                        X