You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to figure out the diffrences between HL Tank versions.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out the diffrences between HL Tank versions.

Hi folks!

A friend and I have decided to order an HL tank each and am trying to figure out which version of these tanks is the most worth it, He is set on an Abrams but I'm pretty stuck on what to get my self.

Abrams (buddy really wants one)

I am eyeing.......

Leoaprd 2a6
    Challanger 2
    T-72
    Jadgpanther\Panther g (Iv been told I can swap one of the hulls between both versions if I buy the others upper?)

Should I also be looking for 7.0 pro versions only for these?

Any suggestions would be great.

Originally posted by Abyssus View Post
    Hi folks!

A friend and I have decided to order an HL tank each and am trying to figure out which version of these tanks is the most worth it, He is set on an Abrams but I'm pretty stuck on what to get my self.

Abrams (buddy really wants one)

I am eyeing.......

Leoaprd 2a6
    Challanger 2
    T-72
    Jadgpanther\Panther g (Iv been told I can swap one of the hulls between both versions if I buy the others upper?)

Should I also be looking for 7.0 pro versions only for these?

Any suggestions would be great.
    If a modern tank go with the T72 /T90 these are the best all around in reliability and performance in that group. Look for a version 6.0 or higher.

Whatever you buy make sure it has the “steel” gearboxes and at least metal sprockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

If a modern tank go with the T72 /T90 these are the best all around in reliability and performance in that group. Look for a version 6.0 or higher.

Whatever you buy make sure it has the “steel” gearboxes and at least metal sprockets.
      Yea i was thinking that! How's the leo 2 perform? (Mind you with my budget of 300-500 cad I will prob end up with a panther g lol)

Comment

Yea i was thinking that! How's the leo 2 perform? (Mind you with my budget of 300-500 cad I will prob end up with a panther g lol)
        The Leopard 2 generally is a good tank, but it has some issues that need to be addressed to make it as tough and reliable as an out of the box T72/90.

Comment

The Leopard 2 generally is a good tank, but it has some issues that need to be addressed to make it as tough and reliable as an out of the box T72/90.
          ah Ok thanks! Was eyeing this t90, but not sure if its worth it?

Comment

I have that version, my first tank, still a favorite. I also have the Leo and Challenger. I really want to like the Challenger and I think I have the track bugs worked out but don’t run either very much. I’ve seen too many road wheel/ track issues with the panther to want one.

Of the larger tanks I also like my King Tiger.

Comment

ah Ok thanks! Was eyeing this t90, but not sure if its worth it?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/393232476574...EAAOSw3NVgaJjP
              The tracks shown in the above listing are excellent and really improve the tanks off road performance. All my T72s and T90s use the aftermarket tracks shown. Definitely worth the extra you pay for them.

Comment

The tracks shown in the above listing are excellent and really improve the tanks off road performance. All my T72s and T90s use the aftermarket tracks shown. Definitely worth the extra you pay for them.
                Well from what is in stock its ether the T90 or I go budget Jadgpanther lol.

Comment

For me, that price is still quite high. I found these. I did not read into details so please check them out out thoroughly:

If you prefer TK 6.0 board....

If you prefer TK 7.0 board....

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                    For me, that price is still quite high. I found these. I did not read into details so please check them out out thoroughly:

If you prefer TK 6.0 board....

If you prefer TK 7.0 board....

https://www.toucanhobby.com/us-stock...al-tracks.html
                    One is Canadian dollar one isn't thats why, For Canada Toucan is pretty expensive.

Comment

My mistake, I did not see that it was Canadian $.

Comment

My mistake, I did not see that it was Canadian $.
                        yea it sucks, Im down to ether that T90 or a Jadgpanther now, Hoping a trade for a used 6.0 king tiger go's through to.

Comment

yea it sucks, Im down to ether that T90 or a Jadgpanther now, Hoping a trade for a used 6.0 king tiger go's through to.
                          I personally think getting a Jagdpanther is a good choice. I did

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0087.JPG
Views:	495
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	344036

Comment

I personally think getting a Jagdpanther is a good choice. I did

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0087.JPG
Views:	495
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	344036
                            I think you have a Cat hording problem. Im also eyeing the T90 as I want to do it up in Ukranian colors and it looks like its a solid runner out of box.

Comment

If you do go with a T90 make sure it's not an older model. The original one had a full length battery box and a really weak non-adjustable idler that was prone to snapping off. The newer version has the smaller battery box mounted toward the front of the tank and has an adjustable idler mount. Basically they improved the T72 chassis over the T90 chassis and then started selling the newer T72 chassis on the T90.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                If you do go with a T90 make sure it's not an older model. The original one had a full length battery box and a really weak non-adjustable idler that was prone to snapping off. The newer version has the smaller battery box mounted toward the front of the tank and has an adjustable idler mount. Basically they improved the T72 chassis over the T90 chassis and then started selling the newer T72 chassis on the T90.
                                Yea I contacted the place and they said its the 7.0 T90 so I should be good?

Comment

Should be.

Comment

You read the forums you learn stuff. I am looking at my first tank and will go the henglong T90 (Version 7.0 3938) It comes with steel gear box, metal idler wheels, metal tracks and metal sprocket wheels all for $366 Aussie dollars. I was thinking of getting the Metal road wheels and also the turret ring that will allow the turret to go a full 360 degrees !

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Runner View Post
                                      You read the forums you learn stuff. I am looking at my first tank and will go the henglong T90 (Version 7.0 3938) It comes with steel gear box, metal idler wheels, metal tracks and metal sprocket wheels all for $366 Aussie dollars. I was thinking of getting the Metal road wheels and also the turret ring that will allow the turret to go a full 360 degrees !
                                      If you like to tinker, you can do the 360 degree function yourself. You just have to grind down a spot on the ring gear that acts as a stop, to the same as the rest of the teeth. Or you can buy a 360 degree ring. What you probably don't need to do is get the "slip ring" that allows you to spin the turret an unlimited amount without twisting the wires. If you have a kid, you'd probably want that. Otherwise, just don't spin it in one direction without running it back. The slip ring has an unreliable reputation, and adds complexity to the wiring.
                                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Cheers Bob yeh i will tinker for sure ..I just ordered my T-90 hopefully here by 17 January i will indeed tinker with it First off i shall test it all works then its off too paint. I am curious if the 7.0 version has a bigger battery pack? Am getting mixed signals on this one.. There will be a lot of tinkering on this but will read up on every thing on this forum before i do major upgrades ! Feeling like a big kid at the moment

Comment

Working...
                                        X