You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ideas on putting the glass panels on the viewing stations on the HL M1A2 Abrams tank?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas on putting the glass panels on the viewing stations on the HL M1A2 Abrams tank?

Hi All; I'm delighted with the performance and details of my new HL Sherman and M1A2 Abrams tanks! Everything works beautifully, even did a test in the shop last night having them electronically "fire" at each other and all that works great.

On Alpha's video review of the Abrams, he pointed out some shortcomings of the tank, like the lack of glazing or window panels in the commander's cupola and a few other places, like the driver's viewing ports. I was wondering if anyone has gone to the trouble to detail these areas on their tanks. One thing that is confusing to me is that when looking at photos of the real thing , they appear to be different colors like blueish and other colors. Not sure if that is how they are, or a trick of light hitting them to look that way.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Davegee

Haven't had a chance to try yet.... purchased Dollar Store shades with the reflective lenses resembling the glass on a real Abrams.

Comment

Originally posted by davegee View Post
      Hi All; I'm delighted with the performance and details of my new HL Sherman and M1A2 Abrams tanks! Everything works beautifully, even did a test in the shop last night having them electronically "fire" at each other and all that works great.

On Alpha's video review of the Abrams, he pointed out some shortcomings of the tank, like the lack of glazing or window panels in the commander's cupola and a few other places, like the driver's viewing ports. I was wondering if anyone has gone to the trouble to detail these areas on their tanks. One thing that is confusing to me is that when looking at photos of the real thing , they appear to be different colors like blueish and other colors. Not sure if that is how they are, or a trick of light hitting them to look that way.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Davegee
      You can use Tamiya copula & driver hatch lenses from their 1/16 Abrams as the HL is a close copy. Tamiya USA sells the lenses separately through their 1/16 tank parts page on TamiyaUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

You can use Tamiya copula & driver hatch lenses from their 1/16 Abrams as the HL is a close copy. Tamiya USA sells the lenses separately through their 1/16 tank parts page on TamiyaUSA.com
        Thanks, Rubicon99! I'll look into it! Thanks for your input!

Davegee

Comment

They have a prismatic effect as they are designed to block laser light to protect the eyes of the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
            They have a prismatic effect as they are designed to block laser light to protect the eyes of the crew.
            Interesting! I did not know that, but makes a lot of sense! Thanks for that answer, very cool!!👍👍

Comment

Working...
            X