X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really tempted....

....to model a T-72 or T-90 in Ukrainian markings! Wouldn't be hard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0x0.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	346661

Name:	622370dfb5cff.image.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	346662
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Hard to find right now. I wondered if they would go up in populatiry right now and looked at toucan, none in stock about 3 weeks ago.
    im working on a Ukrainian Leopard1 ala that offer of about 150 Leo1s from Germany through Rheinmettal after upgrade. I highly suspect they are 1a3/4 as that is mostly what is left languishing in Germany as nearly all of the A5s have been sold off to other lower tier countries long ago.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      ....to model a T-72 or T-90 in Ukrainian markings! Wouldn't be hard.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0x0.jpg Views:	9 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	346661

Click image for larger version  Name:	622370dfb5cff.image.jpg Views:	7 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	346662
      I kinda did one at the start of the confit. Added the Ukrainian colors to the antenna and yellow barrel bands. Click image for larger version  Name:	AA116E5C-9B2B-4A62-8557-50502470C1F9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	214.2 KB ID:	346670

Comment

Have been thinking of changing the paint job on mine once I get around to rebuilding it, just waiting on the lower hull now.

Comment

Did you find one Bob?

Comment

Plenty of T-90's, but I've been distracted by a new r/c plane, so no purchase for now.

Comment

A little update...Toucan sells T-90's in the dark green overall scheme, of the type seen in Ukraine. None in US, so I'm getting one from China. Who knows how long it will take. Anyway, I did some research surfing to see how the Ukrainians marked their captured tanks. Which one should I model?

Name:	_124351510_ukrainian_tank.png
Views:	343
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	350056

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-09 074914.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	350057

I know they're not T-90's, but the latter would make quite a statement at either the LA or SD battlefields, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Also, upon inspection I think the Ukrainians may have added LegoDEI IR receivers to some of their tanks. Yes?

Name:	Lego.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	350059

Comment

Also, upon inspection I think the Ukrainians may have added LegoDEI IR receivers to some of their tanks. Yes?

Name:	Lego.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	350059
                  I believe those are their APS (active protection system) for interception of AT rockets and missiles. Apparently their don’t work to well.....

Comment

A little update...Toucan sells T-90's in the dark green overall scheme, of the type seen in Ukraine. None in US, so I'm getting one from China. Who knows how long it will take. Anyway, I did some research surfing to see how the Ukrainians marked their captured tanks. Which one should I model?

Name:	_124351510_ukrainian_tank.png
Views:	343
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	350056

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-09 074914.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	350057

I know they're not T-90's, but the latter would make quite a statement at either the LA or SD battlefields, wouldn't you say?
                    China right now is about a months shipping time.

Myself I think you could do a fantastic T90 given your past excellent works.

Comment

I'm definitely on board with this idea and excited to see the results!

Clay

Comment

Name:	download (31).png
Views:	242
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	350076

Comment

At least the turret is attached..

Comment

While researching (surfing) for reference photos of the T-90, I ran across some interesting color schemes....that I will NOT be using!

First off, a buyers remorse pattern; Egypt bought 500 T-90's in 2019. Nice, but I wonder what that purchase agent is doing now?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1a.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	350501

Next, a couple of Indian paint schemes. What background will it blend into?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1280px-Indian_Army_T-90.jpg Views:	0 Size:	261.1 KB ID:	350500

Click image for larger version  Name:	5cac541cdda4c87e158b4626.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	350499

And finally a grey/orange/black pattern seen recently in Ukraine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	feat_137d9cbe-0057-4246-a951-46f69eef92f3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.7 KB ID:	350498

Comment

Have you ever watched the tank biathlon races on YouTube? Some pretty wild camo on some of the different countries tanks. Mostly just so the spectators can identify them I'm sure. Lots of fun to watch.

Steve

Comment

I don't think the Egyptian one is bad. At least it's the right colors for the desert.

Comment

I really .Ike that desert cammo, looks close to our old 4 color Merdec which I am very fond of.
                                  BUT I vote for the gecko green combination so we will all readily identify your tank in photos.

Comment

Gecko green, gotta love it! Not gonna happen, though. I'm wondering if the armor corps have side gigs, sorta like Uber, and that's why they use those colors?

Name:	M2FRXJJ74NHO7JVKACO3X47F6E.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	350571

Name:	_125871408_untitled.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	350570
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Continued in the "T-90 in Ukraine" thread...

Comment

Working...
                                        X