Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long King Tiger 3888

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on some bad news I got today with my Heng Long King tiger that is running the TK 5.3 mainboard. After not being used for quite a few months I broke out my HL King Tiger because my go to is my Tamiya Abrams tank, anyway when I opened the King Tiger I found that the BB unit leaked oil or grease into the main board unit and the BB unit was not firing at all. The internal mini jumper mounted to the inside of the turret also had oil in it from where it traveled down the BB unit wire into the little jumper board.

Bought a replacement BB unit and my worst fears materialized the unit does not fire, but it drives, turns, smokes, and has machine gun fire. Should I just replace both the mini jumper and the main board or opt to replace the whole main board with an Elmod board. If the Elmod is the way to go how hard is it to rewire all the internals of the tank? I am pretty versed in electronics and soldering etc.

I don't much about the Elmod . But if you want to upgrade to a HL TK6.0 or a TK7.0, it is quite easy to hook up most of the components. And Toucan sells one at only $35 at this time with shipping included:

Comment

Working...
    X