Clear All

• San Diego Battle day Sunday June 26

San Diego Battle day Sunday June 26
    Mission Bay battlefield at South Shores Boat Ramp area
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Post pics when you have them.

Comment

San Diego tank battles are some of the funniest in the SouthWest US. They tend to be more long range firing, a lot more wide sweeping counter maneuvers and crashing though light brush to achieve advantages.

Personal I can’t wait for this weekends event.

If you have not attended a SD tank battle day or it’s been a while you are missing out on some epic battles and a steep yet fun learning curve about RC tanks.

Comment

A few photos from past SD battle days. Click image for larger version  Name:	B2C51F9A-029D-426C-9DAE-2C26D575CACC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	173.6 KB ID:	348669Click image for larger version  Name:	image_81420.jpg Views:	4 Size:	185.9 KB ID:	348668Click image for larger version  Name:	image_81419.jpg Views:	4 Size:	197.9 KB ID:	348667
        Click image for larger version  Name:	2960C0AD-0C2F-418D-BDEC-D5BC06DC258E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	371.4 KB ID:	348661Click image for larger version  Name:	8723F4C1-3029-4E35-8048-79C2298E7786.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	165.8 KB ID:	348662Click image for larger version  Name:	F9CE13C3-9A73-4637-A9E7-36222548E9EB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	348663Click image for larger version  Name:	1F48F0FD-5E34-45C1-A87B-2D256061635E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	330.4 KB ID:	348664Click image for larger version  Name:	B1E5D247-5B85-46C5-8F8C-CB18463B6F6B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.4 KB ID:	348665Click image for larger version  Name:	9CEB0293-79FD-4E5C-8D2B-EE76E90BC74A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	157.0 KB ID:	348666

Comment

WOW!!!!! That looks like EPIC! The gathering, variety, terrain and pics are fantastic! Thanks!

Comment

Weather looks like it will be perfect for the battle.

Comment

Have a great time battling gentlemen. Sunday is a religious day for my family. I won't be able to come to SD. Maybe next time, if I could get the the battle date early, I will find a location in SD to attend my religious ceremony and then go battle with you

Comment

Sorry you can't make it. Rich has scheduled the SD battles on Sundays as a convenience for local batttlers; I and another are r/c flyers, and we have club contests that we are involved in on Saturdays.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Some photos and videos of the between battling fun are up on my Instagram @ FSTTANKS.

Sorry I did not take a lot of battling action photos as the fighting was rather too fast and intense for taking time to shoot photos.

Comment

Every time I battle there, I like the field more. Open ground style maneuvers, long range sniping, it’s great. Kudos to Rich for finding it.
                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Bob I went through a lot of fields checking them out before finding that one. Our first meet was at the corner of Miramar College in a park and ride lot and used the dirt field that is now a wilderness preserve, fenced off with trails.

it’s tough to find a good place to do it as we experienced when we had to find a temporary field for a little while.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                        Bob I went through a lot of fields checking them out before finding that one. Our first meet was at the corner of Miramar College in a park and ride lot and used the dirt field that is now a wilderness preserve, fenced off with trails.

it’s tough to find a good place to do it as we experienced when we had to find a temporary field for a little while.
                        I know of another great location in SoCal, but sadly it’s not in SD or LA. 😉😉

Comment

Working...
                        X