X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first tank

So just purchased my first 1/16 hl tank from motion rc. The M1A2 Abrams. I hear alot about these things overheating. Is there anything that I could do or should do to help prevent this? Thanks

Originally posted by tmodel66_71 View Post
    So just purchased my first 1/16 hl tank from motion rc. The M1A2 Abrams. I hear alot about these things overheating. Is there anything that I could do or should do to help prevent this? Thanks
    Its not going to overheat unless you run batteries with voltages above 9.6 volts.

Comment

Ok thanks.
      since this is my first tank I have alot of questions.

Comment

So I guess I need to stay around the 7.2-8.4 range?
        And should I only run nimh batteries or can I run li-ion batteries like what it comes with?

Comment

My son bought the M1A2 at the beginning of the year, and he hasn't had any issues with it, heating or otherwise. Have fun with it! This is a great group -- they've been really helpful since I joined in January.

Comment

Whatever you run, get a good charger...like a SkyRC B6AC V2. Yea, its $60 but you will thank yourself later when you get maximum life & peformance out of your batts. The stock charger is utter crap.I run Lipo's & NIMH, but the hard core guys will tell you to stick to NIMH.

Comment

So I guess I need to stay around the 7.2-8.4 range?
              And should I only run nimh batteries or can I run li-ion batteries like what it comes with?
              You can run whatever you want just keep the voltage in the “safe” range.

I run NiMH batteries because they are able to be left in the tank and do not require any special safety protocols when charging or during stored.

Comment

Ok. Thanks everyone. I'll probably rub nimh too.
                Thanks again!

Comment

I mean run...lol

Comment

I second the good charger. Mine has really come in handy. I don't run LiPo because I know I will be that guy on the 6 o'clock news.

Congrats on the tank. They are great fun. So much so my backyard now features a WIP diorama. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6944.jpg Views:	3 Size:	251.1 KB ID:	348776

Comment

That's a nice tiger1 you got there!!

Comment

Can you put barrel recoil on a HL tank that didn't come with such feature from the factory? If so what part number do I need to do so? Thanks!!

Comment

Which MFU does yours have? 7.0
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

The Abrams that I have has the 7.0. And it seems that all the HL's that MotionRC has are all 7.0's as well, but not all of them have barrel recoil. And of course the other ones that I like to have don't have the barrel recoil. Not even the pro models of said tanks.

Comment

That's a nice tiger1 you got there!!
                              Thanks.

I bought a barrel HL recoill for the HL Tiger. I have not installed it because the barrel recoil action is opposite of what it should be. It recoils before firing and upon firing it extends the barrel. Not sure what recoil is available tfor the Abrams..

Comment

To get the correct (slam back, slow recovery) recoil, you need a HL 6.1 or other brand board that supports servo operated recoil, along with the recoil mechanism itself. It can get pricey!
                                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Ok.
                                  Thanks everyone.

Comment

SoCal. I have the recoil mechanism and a 6,0. Would a servo work and if so, which one? Thanks

Comment

For my tank to have the barrel recoil correctly, I have 6.1S board that has the plug CN7 (yellow arrow, bottom row). The barrel doesn't recoil correctly with the 6.0 or 6.0S board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073A.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	348900

Comment

Thanks David. Looks like it's time to change the 6.0 for a 6.1. I do like the barrel recoil.

Comment

Working...
                                        X