You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henglong RC Abrams weird forward motion.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henglong RC Abrams weird forward motion.

Hey guys, I'm new to RC tanks. I just bought this Heng Long M1A2 yesterday and it was working fine, but this morning I noticed something weird with the forward movement. The tank tends to tilt upwards when moving forward. Anyways, from the video below, does the tank's forward and backward motion look right?

Originally posted by Armchair_Ranger View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to RC tanks. I just bought this Heng Long M1A2 yesterday and it was working fine, but this morning I noticed something weird with the forward movement. The tank tends to tilt upwards when moving forward. Anyways, from the video below, does the tank's forward and backward motion look right?
    Very common to see this type of “rear dive” with the metal upgrades. It simply indicates your rear springs are set to soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Very common to see this type of “rear dive” with the metal upgrades. It simply indicates your rear springs are set to soft.
      Yeh, forgot to mention this is the Pro version. Is there anyway to adjust this? or is this normal for this model?

Comment

Yo
        Yeah I’ve experienced this movement in my HL tanks….. if I’m not mistaken it’s the suspension being too weak/ soft for the weight and strength of the motors….. this is one reason why I prefer the Torro/taigen tanks…. But the HL tanks are a good tank….BUT… stay away from MATO tanks…. I’ve two I’d give to someone FREE…. Pick up only…. They’re all metal …. I live right outside of NE Philly
        ​​​​​​ Bob

Comment

Yeh, forgot to mention this is the Pro version. Is there anyway to adjust this? or is this normal for this model?
          Depends if it is the all metal hull or plastic hull?

Comment

Depends if it is the all metal hull or plastic hull?
            It's plastic, but the internals are mostly metal.

Comment

Originally posted by bobassetto@me.com View Post
              Yo
              Yeah I’ve experienced this movement in my HL tanks….. if I’m not mistaken it’s the suspension being too weak/ soft for the weight and strength of the motors….. this is one reason why I prefer the Torro/taigen tanks…. But the HL tanks are a good tank….BUT… stay away from MATO tanks…. I’ve two I’d give to someone FREE…. Pick up only…. They’re all metal …. I live right outside of NE Philly
              ​​​​​​ Bob
              I've read somewhere that it's possible to adjust the spring to a stronger setting? Or would it already be set to that position by default?

Comment

It's plastic, but the internals are mostly metal.
                Then you simply need to change the suspension springs on the number L&R # 6 and 7 suspension arms. You have to remove the arms and the spring are underneath. If they are are already set to heavy you can add another setting while and this will make the even heavier.

Comment

Then you simply need to change the suspension springs on the number L&R # 6 and 7 suspension arms. You have to remove the arms and the spring are underneath. If they are are already set to heavy you can add another setting while and this will make the even heavier.
                  Thanks. Do I need to remove the top of the tank to do this? Or can i just remove the wheels. I've seen videos where the top is always removed when doing any maintenance on an RC tank.

Comment

Thanks. Do I need to remove the top of the tank to do this? Or can i just remove the wheels. I've seen videos where the top is always removed when doing any maintenance on an RC tank.
                    It’s easier if you remove the top though not necessary. Removing the top is simple and you should learn to do it anyway.

Comment

If you search around on eBay there are upgrade stronger spring sets available for most of the Heng Long tanks. The tanks that come with all the metal parts may have the upgraded springs from the factory already so not 100% sure on that.

Steve

Comment

Okay, so I set the suspension springs wheels 6 & 7 on each side to high and the tank no longer runs like a Lowriding Cadillac 😂
                        Even then, I still decided to buy a set of springs from ebay just in case. As someone new to the hobby, this was a good learning experience.

Comment

Okay, so I set the suspension springs wheels 6 & 7 on each side to high and the tank no longer runs like a Lowriding Cadillac 😂
                          Even then, I still decided to buy a set of springs from ebay just in case. As someone new to the hobby, this was a good learning experience.
                          Glad to see you have it a go👍👍👍👏👏👏.

Comment

Glad to see you have it a go👍👍👍👏👏👏.
                            I swear, with every hobby I get into, I eventually end up opening stuff and tinkering with it, lol.

Comment

I swear, with every hobby I get into, I eventually end up opening stuff and tinkering with it, lol.
                              This is the way...

Comment

Gents,

I need help with the red and blue wire for the gun elevation. Have to solder wire that broke off, but I do not remember where the blue/red wire goes. Blue on the left red on the right? Can someone please square me away?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gun elevation.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	350776

Click image for larger version

Name:	wire.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	350777

Comment

I for one, am still learning. Only help I might offer is the HL wiring schematic.

Comment

What I suggest is to turn the TX and tank on and touch the wires to the lift terminals with the lift stick on the TX one way or the other to see which direction the barrel goes to see if you have the polarity right then solder the wires down

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                                      What I suggest is to turn the TX and tank on and touch the wires to the lift terminals with the lift stick on the TX one way or the other to see which direction the barrel goes to see if you have the polarity right then solder the wires down
                                      Thank you for the tip, but I emailed Toucan and they were able to help me out with pics. I should have done that instead. Thanks again for your time.

Comment

Can you post Toucans pictures? Please
                                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X