X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning dont buy from Tank Zhang on Aliexpress

I purchased a 6,0s Abrams chassis to upgrade my worn out 5.3 hull. Below is the picture.
    I received a new, old 5.3 hull, just like the one on my tank from several years ago.
    I disputed and apparantly while not listed on the ad, after you purchase, the order shows up in the my orders tab and there in greyed out print right next to the little picture on your order it says 5.3 so Aliexpress says that is what I bought.
    I am still disputing it now as bait and switch using photos of the add clearly selling a 6.0s hull but there ya go, the Chicoms are dumping old stock and changing what it says you bought to screw you over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	abrams hull 6.0s.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	349206Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 22-38-10 Order details.png
Views:	305
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	349207
    Attached Files
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

I was looking for a replacement hull in March and reached out to TankZang, they told me that they checked with the factory and there's no newer hull in yellow, only in green, but they could not tell when it can be shipped due to Covid lockdown, I then contacted Toucan and was told there's no U.S. stock on the current hull, also told me that factory only had green ones left. At that time, the price was around $75 including shipping to CA, from either vendor. I ended up getting the full basic version in 7.0 for $160 shipped from Toucan N.J. since I could use some of the other parts (Tx/Rx, etc.).

The $39.95 price you showed was indeed for the older version.

Comment

Im glad you figured that out, however they clearly are advertising the newer hull here and then pulling a bait and switch that cost me $80 bucks.
      I had asked toucan the same thing a number of months ago and they just told me we have no hulls. I looked at the lowest 6.0 abrams they had at the time and it was nearly $250 bucks so I did not buy a whole tank.

Comment

Rich, good luck in sorting out with TZ in getting a refund or the correct part. I only order off Aliexpress when I absolutely have to and I think it's a general layout thing rather than the vendor. When you find something with multiple versions, and when you land on the product page, they usually have multiple thumbnails of the versions and I have to make sure (multiple times) that I click on the correct one before adding to cart.

For most of the parts I needed in the past year or so, if I knew what I wanted, I simply email toucanhobby@outlook.com, they would give a quote and if agreed, I would get a PP invoice and be done with it.

Comment

Well this is not going well.
          Paypal has decided that I must send it back before I can get a refund.
          I know from experience that it will likely cost over $100 bucks to send that POS back to china. And I was not provided a return shipping address as I know often they cannot be sent back to the address they came from in China.
          I am not going to pay to send it back. I opened a chat to talk to paypal about it but I think its moot. I got screwed and Im going to be stuck with this POS. I think I will take it to the dessert and use my shotgun on it.

If you use Aliexpress, use your CC not paypal, your CC will just refund you and let them eat it, paypal makes you send it back, which is not feasible.

Comment

I have had bad luck with Ali vendors getting a product. I simply won't use Ali anymore.

Comment

I’m there.

Comment

I've actually used tank zhang quite a few times and haven't had any problems with them or their products. I was going to get the t90s new lower hull from them but they were quick to tell me they were out of the 6.0 hull. And as for pay pal, I never use it, for some reason it's real glitchy here in NZ,

Comment

I’ve bought three sets of metal tracks for Takom’s Panzer 1’s from TZ with no problems. Just calling it like I see it.
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Well as I have shown with the photos, they are using 6.0s abrams hull photos and shipping out an old 5.3 hull. They claimed the 6.0s is 20 dollars more, however they dont have a listing for it. Just this one which is a misleading ad. It appears one is buying a 6.0s and then you get the 5.3 so...... screw them I filed with my credit card under false advertising and hopefully I get my money back.
                    Oh, even after all the argument with them, they still have not changed the ad and written 5.3 on the ad or changed the pictures so one can only assume they are intentionally scamming customers to dump their old hulls. Either way, I wont be buying from aliexpress any more. You cant trust the chicoms as far as you can throw them and since I cant lay hands on them, I cant trust them. Aliexpress customer service sucks and finds in support of their sellers despite the proof of false advertising. A much stronger customer service policy is required when dealing with the chicoms, like ebay has. I have dealt with them on a bad ham radio once and ebay and paypal saved my bacon and made that sucka pay to ship his junk back to china which he did before I sent it. His junk should have just gone in the trash lol.

Comment

Rich, that Sux.

Comment

Working...
                      X