X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter's Leopard 2A6

I gave my daughter (she is 11) a choice of tanks that were available, and she chose the HL Leopard 2A6. It should be arriving in a couple days. I know it's a big tank but she has her mind set on it! This will be 100% her putting it together, so we'll see what it looks like when she is done.

Does the Leopard use the same bearings that I picked up for the Abrams? After seeing how well those work I'd like to get some on that tank to add some reliability for her. We'll be doing IR battles for sure and hopefully will be getting some more people involved as well. I'll make sure to be getting photos of the process and the end result for sure.

Clay

You will know soon enuf if the Leo hull takes the same bearings. I would imagine so, the recent production samples (at least since 2021) for the T90, KV-2, Abrams, and Challenger all use the same bearings.

Comment

ccarley Welcome to Hobby Squawk, glad to have you onboard. That's a lucky kid for sure and I'm sure she'll make you proud.  Great looking tank, too. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks all,

I know she's really looking forward to the arrival of the tank and can't wait to start working on it! I have a feeling I'm going to need to build some special shelving for our growing collection.

Clay

Comment

Clay,

And it begins. You guys are in for some fun. My son and I spend time tanking and working on the diorama. Great family time! He has become a better tank driver than me. OUCH!

Comment

BIG box arrived today! I didn't realize how many tiny details are on this tank. Not to mention how large, overall, it is. The chassis seems similar in size to the Abrams but the long gun at the end of the long turret really make this tank big. The suspension arms look quite beefy as well.

She's off for the week though as both my wife and I work, and not anywhere near done with the bits & pieces or even started with any decals. That will have to wait for Friday. She's excited though and has it with her while she stays with relatives during the week; their house is kind of out in the country and has a neat driveway to "test it out" in.

Will get some photos Friday or later. I didn't even get a chance to get those support bearings in yet but I know she will take good care of it!

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by ccarley View Post
              BIG box arrived today! I didn't realize how many tiny details are on this tank. Not to mention how large, overall, it is. The chassis seems similar in size to the Abrams but the long gun at the end of the long turret really make this tank big. The suspension arms look quite beefy as well.

She's off for the week though as both my wife and I work, and not anywhere near done with the bits & pieces or even started with any decals. That will have to wait for Friday. She's excited though and has it with her while she stays with relatives during the week; their house is kind of out in the country and has a neat driveway to "test it out" in.

Will get some photos Friday or later. I didn't even get a chance to get those support bearings in yet but I know she will take good care of it!

Clay
              Good to hear and the bearings are the same as used in the Abrams.

Comment

My daughter had some fun last week with the tank, and ran it in the evening to see how the lights worked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2582.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	350669

I added the bearings last night, and it looked like they are going to be a huge help in supporting the shaft as there were some marks from the sprocket/track hitting the body of the tank:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186(1).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	350670

So far, she still loves it. Now trying to get her out of the house so we can battle at a park!

Clay

Comment

Working...
                X