X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have to ask...

is there anyone living in the Chicagoland area (Kane county) who works on Heng Long tanks? I would be willing to pay for upgrades/installs/basic in person instructions. i am new to rc tanks and disabled and could use some help when needed.

What are you trying to do? Note I'm no where around you, but if you tell us what your are trying to do we can probably help.

Comment

I have a issue. I currently have the hl 1/16 king tiger pro model from MotionRC. I was running it today and the sound stopped working. No barrel blast, no tank recoiling, no start-up or shut-down, no machine gun firing nothing. Has anyone had this same issue and is it something that I can fix myself or is it something that I have to return to MotionRC? Thanks

Comment

i had this very same issue with a Tiger 1 i bought off ebay. i sent it back. it went out after only owning the tank a week. i was pretty disappointed, it was a sweet tank. i dont know what MotionRC will do for you, but they do boast a 30 day money back guarantee. whatever you decide to do, dont let this set back turn you off from owning a rc tank. i bought two at once and both failed in the first week. i ended up purchasing another from amazon from a seller named Delta-LT and my tank came in great condition. i run it very lightly and all i ask is its problem free the first 30 days, then its up to me to learn the ins and outs. this site is the place to go for help. good luck and keep on tanking.

Comment

Robert, Hobby Town USA in St. Charles has an employee who is RC Tank knowledgeable. I met a few months ago at the Schaumburg store, he was filling for someone.
          We chatted a bit and he seems to know his stuff. Call the St.Charles store and ask for the "tank guy" and work out arrangements.

Comment

thanks. as soon as they open up i am on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tmodel66_71 View Post
              I have a issue. I currently have the hl 1/16 king tiger pro model from MotionRC. I was running it today and the sound stopped working. No barrel blast, no tank recoiling, no start-up or shut-down, no machine gun firing nothing. Has anyone had this same issue and is it something that I can fix myself or is it something that I have to return to MotionRC? Thanks
              Seems like the speaker died, if everything else is working. They're pretty robust, but they can fail. What's more likely is the wires have broken, or the plug into the main board has come out. Those of us who have more (ahem) than one tank usually have spares of most components, and the simplest action would be to plug in another speaker, to isolate where the failure is. Of course, that means opening up the tank. If you were 1) to open it up and 2) it was a bad $15 speaker, that's a lot easier to replace or return than a $200+ tank.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

For those who are just embarking on this obsession, in my experience the weakest component of these tanks is the battery they come with. Many of us in this hobby own advanced battery chargers that fill a battery in 30 minutes or so, and that monitor the health of the battery when it is charging by means of having the balance tap plugged in. There have been times when the voltage of the stock battery was so low when I took it out of the box that my charger couldn't even recognize it, thought it was dead! I imagine that sometimes an otherwise perfect tank that happened to be on a store shelf a while will experience a battery losing its charge.

The supplied USB charger can usually wake the battery up, but afterwards a better charger is a real convenience. If you use the USB charger, and the tank only runs for a little while then stops, I'd suspect the battery. In some cases, if the battery drops too low, the internal chemistry can become damaged. I have owned dozens of HL tanks and never had a board go bad!
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Bob is correct the stock batteries are garbage.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

the battery that came with my Abrams was just too damn big. i had to cram it in and it left no room for the plug. i could see me ripping the connector wires out if i continued to use the included battery. the charger was a basic plug with no led lights to let me know if it was done charging. the plug got extremely hot while it charged this huge battery pack. i bought a balanced charger and two smaller batteries and the problem has been solved. i now have two fully charged batteries and a charger that lets me know what it is doing, and does not get hot! the smaller battery fits just fine now.
                    you guys really know your tanks.

Comment

if the HL is a hard case battery You can pop the hard case of and there will be a battery that is shrink wrapped and half the size I do that with all my HL batteries

Comment

As Bob has said, I have had a Taigen speaker go out on me. I cranked up the volume to max on one of my tanks and then it popped and hissed then quit. From then on I don't crank them up to max. I find at max volume they crackle and the sound quality suffers. So you say there is no sound, but does it recoil, flash, and the MG LED light up? Just wondering if the actual functions work with just no sound?

Comment

Working...
                        X