X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stug III with Taigen lower

I have a spare Taigen PZ3 lower hull and want to get a Stug III going, have looked at using the HL upper, and the only negative I could find was that "the BB unit may foul the electronics, and the fit is tight". The other consideration is to use a Mato upper but couldn't find any post on that.

If the Mato Stug, or Mato in general, is not so poorly received in terms of quality, I would have just bought their ARTR without electronics.

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
    I have a spare Taigen PZ3 lower hull and want to get a Stug III going, have looked at using the HL upper, and the only negative I could find was that "the BB unit may foul the electronics, and the fit is tight". The other consideration is to use a Mato upper but couldn't find any post on that.

If the Mato Stug, or Mato in general, is not so poorly received in terms of quality, I would have just bought their ARTR without electronics.
    Not a clue what is meant by "foul the electronics." I'm guessing that it means that when the barrel elevates, the BB unit pivots down and perhaps hits whatever is inside. In the HL Stug the main board sits to one side to avoid this.

Those of us who don't use BB's, just the IR function for group battles, sometimes cut the bottom of the BB unit off to free up more space.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

OK, I hope I am able to help you making your decision.... I have a BB Taigen Panzer III.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1002A.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	350993

Comment

The way to open the upper hull are the two hooks at the rear and the bar on top.

Name:	IMG_1003A.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	350995

Comment

And I have the HL Stug III and the compartment at the rear is slightly different.

Name:	IMG_1004A.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	350997

Name:	IMG_1005A.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	350998

Comment

I detached the electrical attachments of both tanks so I could separate the 2 hulls. The upper hull of the Taigen Panzer III doesn't fit the lower hull of the Stug III.

Name:	IMG_1010.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	351000

Comment

But the upper hull of the Stug III fits perfectly onto the lower hull of the Taigen Panzer III.

Name:	IMG_1007A.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	351002

Comment

It is quite secured too. And since there is no turret, there is no worry about the wires from the upper hull get tangled with the lower hull's component. There are plenty of room in there. Hope my effort helps your plan in putting your Stug III together.

Name:	IMG_1009A.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	351007

Name:	IMG_1012A.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	351008

Comment

David,

Thanks, sorry you had to play musical hull again with the Stug on my account (you probably did that many times trying to find a lower to mate to the Takom upper. I actually just tried as my nephew had an HL Stug, the HL upper seems to go on the Taigen lower w/o issue. BUT, I also want to get a Mato Stug w/o electronics, which at this stage, it might only be slightly better than wanting to throw $ at a Hooben.

Will probably get a complete plastic HL Stug from Joe, just getting an upper would have cost nearly as much w/ shipping

Comment

My latest Taigen Stug III.....

Name:	IMG_6884.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	364396Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6883.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	364397

Comment

Name:	IMG_6885.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	364399Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6886.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	364400

Comment

Name:	IMG_6892.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	364402Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6891.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	364403

Comment

Name:	IMG_6889.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	364405Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6887.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	364406

Comment

It was a purchase. I only added the 2 figures, extra protection track links, and the accessories on the rear deck. It has the Clark's board inside and controlled by the S-bus transmitter. It has very nice engine sound.

Comment

If you happen to find the side armor, hit me up....looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                                If you happen to find the side armor, hit me up....looking good.
                                Dominique at https://www.rctank.de

You can also read through our previous thread:

I would like to add some side skirts to any one of my panzers. Does any member know a retailer that sells them? Panzer III, IV, or V. I don't see any on Ebay. Has anyone made a pair at home? If so, can you share some measurement for me to make them too? Thank you!

Comment

DavidN Very nice, which upper was this mated with?

Comment

DavidN Very nice, which upper was this mated with?
                                    I think it was from Mato

Comment

David
                                      Where do you come up with all the stowage for your tanks?
                                      Very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                                        David
                                        Where do you come up with all the stowage for your tanks?
                                        Very cool
                                        Andy's Head Quarter

Welcome to the new Andy's Hobby Headquarters ... your online destination for the latest kits, supplies, tools, books and more.

Comment

Working...
                                        X