X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need Tiger 1 info....

i just purchased a Heng Long Tiger 1. what i need to know is the decal number for the tank is 3818. from what i know about the Tiger 1 i dont think they made that many. should i ditch one of the 8's and mark it as 381 or 318?

Originally posted by robert1488 View Post
    i just purchased a Heng Long Tiger 1. what i need to know is the decal number for the tank is 3818. from what i know about the Tiger 1 i dont think they made that many. should i ditch one of the 8's and mark it as 381 or 318?
    It’s your tank do what you want and make it yours. Any three numbers would “look” period.

Heads up the tiger tracks can sometimes come not properly installed so check the tracks before you run the tank.

Comment

got it. it should arrive on Sunday. if i need some help with the tracks, or anything, i'll let you know.

Comment

3818 is also the HL model number so when looking for spare parts or modifications for your Tiger1 make sure they are model number compatible.

Comment

got it. appreciate all the valuable info.

Comment

I thought this was an interesting read.

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/g...r-vi_tiger.php

I, like many others have the HL Tiger 1. It is one of my favorites but like the original it does require maintenance. But I do run it hard. There are many mods you can do to improve performance and look. I peeled the 3818 off after I realized it looked like a clone of every HL out there. Ended up with a black #2. The link shows some varity in numbers. There is a web site that gives all WWII Tiger 1 numbers but I can't find it. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6944.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.1 KB ID:	351048 Enjoy.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the German tank 3 digit number shows that 1st number is the company, the second number is the platoon and the 3rd number is the tank number. So rarely that the second and third number go beyond 5. It is best that you have your number 813 or 831. 813 is my pick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a0acc399e38cae9f63b679a08c30e76a.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	351053Click image for larger version

Name:	PanzerVI_Tiger-I_Ausf_E-sPzAbt102-2SSPzdKharkovMay43.png
Views:	157
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	351054

Comment

Working...
              X