X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some tank battle info...

since i decided to try something new and invest in a couple of RC tanks i have yet to find anyone in my area that is into this hobby. cant find anyone who works on them and have yet to find anyone who owns one. i even live an hour from MotionRC, but it seems they only sell them.
    i was wondering how these tank battles work. are they sponsored? do you have teams, or is it every man for himself? is it a "last man standing" kinda contest? are there prizes (although to me the prize would be the fun)?
    and sorry if i cause some controversy here but, who is the tank battle master?
    sounds like a bunch of fun, just wish someone in the Chicagoland area shared my interest.

If you have time, you can browse and search throughout our RC tank forum and you will see many interesting posts about IR battles.

I live in Southern California, I only involve with the LA tank battle club. I will go to SD and play next week play with them for the 1st time. I can only share with you about the LA club. I don't know how other clubs operate. So far I don't see any sponsor. The LA club has a Facebook account. The president of the club lives 5 minutes from my house. He and his wife know most of the members. They send out emails to members about the date of the battle.

Before each battle starts, they check on the types of tanks the members put into the battle (light, medium, heavy, IFA....) and the skill level of each players. Then they divide us into 2 teams. Each side line up their tanks opposite to each other and we fight. We try not to run over each other's tank. The team with the tanks that are still running will win.

In the last couple months, in the afternoon, we also divided the teams by nationality from WWII theme. Germans on one side and Allies on the other side. There is no prize. It is just the joy of battling. For me, it's also therapeutic in releasing my stress. It brings me back my youth when I could not afford get these tanks. I was told that in the early years of this hobby, members drove 6-8 hours to meet at an agreeable location and battled.

Comment

sounds like a lot of fun. i've been searching around my area for anyone even interested in RC tanks, but i'm coming up empty. i did come across a tank group an hour or so from my house but they boast running 1/72 scale rc tanks. whats that, like a mousetrap size? anyway, i'm enjoying just messing around with my Abrams in the driveway, and later on today i have a Tiger 1 being delivered.
      from placing the order, to opening up the box when it gets here, to running it around the driveway, i'm having a blast. just wish i had more money for a nice collection, but for now two is nice.

Comment

Working...
      X