You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy's Hobby Headquarters' new Sherman...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy's Hobby Headquarters' new Sherman...

Looks rrrrreally nice. Wonder if/how it would work with a Tamiya Sherman's lower...

Do I need it? Maybe...
    Do I want it? Yessssss....
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Thank you for informing us. My days for displayed tank are over. I am more into RC now. I have just gotten myself a Tamiya M4A3 recently. I will wait for any senior members from here or RCU to give us the green light that this thing could fit onto the Tamiya's lower hull.

Comment

Have anyone purchased this tank besides Tank_me? Any parts in this tank that can be used for RC purpose? Thank you!

Comment

According to the people I know that have purchased it, the tank it’s self cannot be made RC or at least isn’t worth trying.
        if you are a really good mechanical person you might be able to use the hull and turret and graft operational components into them. But the issue is why bother, there are other options for making e8s and very soon my products will be available as well widening the options.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thank you for your post, RJ. I asked because the conversion kits for just the top from DKLMRC is at $195 plus $$ for shipping. At Andy, the whole tank is only $139 and $9 for shipping. Since I have the HL M4, I would like to combine the 2 to get my E8 for my collection. But I will m wait for your products before deciding. I still have many projects to work on at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
            Thank you for your post, RJ. I asked because the conversion kits for just the top from DKLMRC is at $195 plus $$ for shipping. At Andy, the whole tank is only $139 and $9 for shipping. Since I have the HL M4, I would like to combine the 2 to get my E8 for my collection. But I will m wait for your products before deciding. I still have many projects to work on at this time.
            The DKLM T26 / “EZ8” turret is far more then just the turret. It includes the complete servo recoil and elevation unit and all servos. It also comes with two hull ring options, one for HL and one for Tamiya plus a few other nice to have parts. So for the $195 plus shipping you get an almost ready to run turret without all the hassle of trying to modify a model turret into an full function RC turret. With your painting and detailing skill you could easily turn a HL or Tamiya M4/51 into a really nice looking RC tank.

But if you just want a static E8 then Andy’s is a good way to go and I am sure you will make it into a nice looking model as well.

Comment

Working...
            X