X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade for the Heng Long T-72

For those who are bored with their "bland" T-72; there's an upgrade set out from Heng Long that will add ERA-protection to your T-72. (Still won't protect it from feral tractors, just so you know...). I ordered mine from AliExpress, but I am sure the usual suspects will stock it too,

Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Wow, great find! I especially like their side segments, very authentic looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ukraine T-90 01.png
Views:	446
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	351158

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-23 084255.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	351159
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Here's a modification I WON'T do!

Name:	AA114r7g.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	360765
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Like this? It's unpainted and just a test fit on this tank as it's probably going on my other T-72B1.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've added ERA to my old HL T-72 with the accessory kit which HL now include with its T-72 ERA model, and which is available separately as mentioned above. The potential problem I had was that the accessory kit came without any instructions, and while a bit of guesswork would have been OK, the originator of this thread -

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...ic.php?t=33560

who has the ERA model, kindly posted some scans. I've added my experiences with the 'upgrade' on the third page of the thread, together with some pics (I've since replaced the wire tie holding the fuel lines together with something a bit better...). I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out, and it was fun to do. I think it's now more or less a T-72B, but I'm happy to be corrected!

Edited to add - while looking for the ERA accessories, I found these on Aliexpress - 'HENG LONG 3939-1 RC tank Russian T72 / T-72 1/16 spare parts No. Front light / red light / red eyes' (actual URL will vary depending on where you are, it seems...) which are a couple of lights for the turret. While the real lights are, I think, infra-red illuminators, they provide a nice dim red glow when on, and have a mesh screen when off. I fitted them after my images were taken.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
            Like this? It's unpainted and just a test fit on this tank as it's probably going on my other T-72B1.
            Now that is really cool
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
            X