X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Stabilization

As I keep reading and researching, I didn't even realize that gun stabilization was a thing (well, except on the full scale Abrams), although I figured it can be done with some sort of gyro device. I came across the CS-TK-SWB which appears to be an add-on offered by Toucan. As much as I have searched, I haven't found much info aside from what connects where on the box.

Has anyone hooked one of these up with the 7.0 control box? Is that even a possibility? Seems like it would be a perfect addition to the Abrams if it will work.

Clay

Well, I messaged Toucan on eBay and they responded. The stabilizer board does not work with the TK7.0 main board, and they say you need the TK16 board to make it work.

Still though, I wonder even with the 7.0 board and no servos, I wonder if this can be made to work at least for turret rotation... In any case, it looks like to add stabilization, an entire update of the electronics would be required.

Clay

Comment

The more I think/look at diagrams, the more I wonder if this would really just need the TK7.1 board and servo elevation on the main gun.

Comment

Here's a thread that might be helpful in your research. https://openpanzer.org/forum/index.php?topic=18.0

I explored this for a while but gave up due to shifting priorities and lack of finding something suitable. That was before CS-TK-SWB was around through. Your thought about linking it between the MFU and the servo seems like a viable option. Thats what I concluded was the most practical solution years ago but there wasn't anything capable of doing it at the time that was compatible without major surgery or programming. If you try it, please share the results.

I ended up programming my er9x transmitter to have "heading lock" on the horizontal turret traverse. The barrel will stay pointed in the direction of the target but it doesn't have vertical stabilization.

Comment

Working...
        X