X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Tank Battle August 2022

Since I am done preparing the battle group for the trip to SD, I would like to start the thread on our next battle in SoCal. I received the info that it will probably be on Saturday August 13, 2022.

Just to double check, you have your modern tanks set to light (3hits) and have opened the tamiya apple and done the work to twist the mirror or have a legodei 45 apple facing forward?
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

All 4 of my modern tanks are HLs. They are set from HL at 6 hits. How can I set them to 3 hits? The new LegoDEI receiver from Haojie are quite sensitive. It receives hit from all angles the way I see it. With the 45 degree sunshade that he made, it slightly reduce a little bit when I twisted the light bulb to the front instead of the sensor bulb. But I only have one of those kind of sunshades. Kindly advise.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Henglong in AIM

Henglong tanks using 6.0 and newer systems can participate in the AIM modern battles just as they have been integrated into the Tamiya type battles in Southern California. Henglong 6.0 quipped tanks only have a factory setting of 6 hits to knock out a tank. Following the Henglong 6.0 battle compliant rules a henglong tank operator will count to 6 to simulate an equal reload time to their hit count.Where the AIM rules will change for Henglong 6.0 tanks will come to speed settings. In the average free for all battles of mixed generational tanks, all Henglong 6.0 and newer equipped tanks must run low power to stay on an even footing with tanks that start fast and slow down as they get hit. The henglong is the same slow speed throughout battle so it starts off going slow but its slow speed is constant and remains faster than the tamiya type tanks as they take hits and slow down, this giving the henglong tank the advantage as the battle progresses.
        During Modern AIM battles, Henglong 6.0 and newer equipped Modern Tanks will be allowed to operate on high speed power, while cold war and older tanks will remain using low power speed settings. The Modern Henglong 6.0 tank using a 360 LegoDEI apple will be balanced with the Tamiya type tanks using the 45deg oriented apples and light class settings.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

At the time of the LA battle, my daughter will still be living at my house. She will go back to her dorm in college at the beginning of September. She will go to LA to battle with me in August. I am working on a few type of tanks that we can fight together.

For now, the first platoon that I have done for her to battle with me will be the M4 Tamiya tanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072A.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	351497Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1073A.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	351498

Comment

A great looking duo.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
              All 4 of my modern tanks are HLs. They are set from HL at 6 hits. How can I set them to 3 hits? The new LegoDEI receiver from Haojie are quite sensitive. It receives hit from all angles the way I see it. With the 45 degree sunshade that he made, it slightly reduce a little bit when I twisted the light bulb to the front instead of the sensor bulb. But I only have one of those kind of sunshades. Kindly advise.
              For your HL 6.0-.7.1 control systems in your Abrams, Leopard 2 and Challenger, A.I.M. works as follows:

Six hits, six second count to reload, LegoDEI 360 shade IR receivers and can be run on HP (high speed) mode. The HP mode will balance the engagement well with the other systems .
              The modern Tamiya tanks are really fast and once hit in “light tank” mode slow down considerably. The speed of HL makes them harder to hit and more maneuverable during the battle. Even with light tank modes ability to fire faster the HL tanks have a slight advantage overall.

If you have upgraded 390 motors you now will be able to let them run at full power and as fast as you want.

Comment

Thank you! Will do

Comment

If they moved the truck that would be nice.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Two tank destroyers for father and daughter to team up on August 13 :-)

Name:	IMG_1074A.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	351632Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1076A.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	351633

Comment

Now that the modern tank battle event in SD is in the past, the work on getting ready for LA 8/13 continues.
                      Working on the third group of tanks this week. Here is the 1st one in my platoon.

Name:	IMG_1077A.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	352041Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1078A.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	352042

Comment

And the second one. Part of my "imaginary" Panzer 505th Abteilung Battalion :-)

Name:	IMG_1080A.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	352187

​​​

Name:	IMG_1082A.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	352188

Comment

Very nice work David. Great detailing!

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                            Very nice work David. Great detailing!
                            Thank you!

Well! I got up early and finished the last tank in my third platoon before heading to work. Here it is....

Name:	IMG_1239A.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	352214

Comment

On this Taigen Tiger I, the IR receiver sensors and flashing lights would be receiving and flashing thru the scopes in the cupola. No ugly apple or mushroom at the top of the hatch.

Name:	IMG_1241A.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	352216Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1240A.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	352217

Comment

So there they are: my tanks in the 505th Panzer Abteilung platoon for battling next Saturday in LA.

Name:	IMG_1086A.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	352219Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1087A.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	352220

Comment

Well done! Love the IR in the cupola. This trio is a force to be reckoned with! Here's a little team song for your platoon.
                                  Panzerlied - German Tank Song - Bing video

Comment

It is confirmed. The LA tank battle day is set for 8/13/2022 at 10AM.

Remaining Battle Days in 2022 for LA TANKS are tentatively set as follows:

September Battle, Saturday, September 10, 2022.

October Battle, Saturday, October 08, 2022.

November Battle, Saturday, November 12, 2022.

December Battle, Saturday, December 10, 2022.

Comment

Thanks David,
                                      I will see my schedule and figure out if I have any conflicts.
                                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

They are in the back of my SUV and ready to fight tomorrow. This time, there will be me, my daughter, a friend and a guest taking turns on testing out these 10 beasts.

Name:	IMG_1446A.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	352595

Comment

Working...
                                        X