X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need heng long battery info

getting tired of putting in and removing the battery every time i use my tanks. one thing that turned me on to the Torro brand from MotionRC was the charger port built into one of the tank hatches, but unfortunately that feature turned out not to exist on US models. i ended up not purchasing the Torro tank. is there a simple adapter i can get or some kind of charger plug i can hook up to my battery charging plug and run it through one of the tank hatches? on my Tiger there is a dummy hatch on one side that might work, but i dont know. i'll enclose a pic of the battery i use and hopefully that will help. of course if there is something i can do, i will need some basic instruction. thanks.
    Attached Files

That is the standard 1800mah battery that comes with the HL tanks. You should upgrade to at least 3600mah or more.
    ​​​​​There is a 5600mah one on Amazon from Heng Long or any number of batteries available in nihm lipo, or lithium ion with the Tamiya connectors.

Free shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa Devices, sporting goods, toys, automotive, pets, baby, books, video games, musical instruments, office supplies, and more.

Comment

Since your so close to Motion buy the Tamiya connector Admiral Battery. 3500 or 7200 depending on the room. The 3500 is double the stock lousy quality batteries.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Robert
        The small plug or balance plug on the battery is a JST-XT 2.54 plug. that is for the most part from HL that they are charging through, back in the day we just charged through the big plug.
        Most of us that work or modify these tanks have gone on Amazon and gotten a kit that has both male and female JST connectors in it from 2 pin to 8 pin connectors. There is a special set of pliers you need to crimp the female connectors. All this is not expensive and if you plan on working on the tanks is good to have.
        Also on Amazon are pre made extensions of the connector just source JST XT 3 pin extensions and see what they have and the length you need to get it some place you can charge it externally.
        With said most the time when you get the pre made extensions you have to buy a bunch of them at a set length. which may be different for different tanks.
        the last option is to lengthen the balance plug on the battery. So if you have soldering skills and some 26 gauge wire it can be done that way.
        NOTE these wires will be hot so do not short them out. Cut them one at a time not in a group. Heat shrink tube each of the spiced parts.
        Hope this gives you some ideas as to how you can do this

Comment

actually, this is an upgraded 2800mah battery. for some light running around the driveway i find it is more than fine. what i am looking to do if possible is charge the battery while it is still in the tank battery compartment. any suggestions?

Comment

You would need to make a charge port somewhere on the tank to hook up the charger. Though Lion batteries are not as flammable as lipo I would really not recommend it for the cheap cells that heng long use. Your house is worth way more then the convenience.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
            X